Band at Nebraska

Fuzzy Rumpton

Reaction score
At the closing of the Jerry Kill show on KFAN I believe I heard a mention of the marching band making it down to Nebraska. If this is true does anybody have information on where they will be playing before the game?

Wasn't it reported a while back that a pep band would be going to Lincoln? I don't think it will even be as large as the 100-person group who made the last trip, to Iowa in 2003.

Wasn't it reported a while back that a pep band would be going to Lincoln? I don't think it will even be as large as the 100-person group who made the last trip, to Iowa in 2003.

Yeah. Its an extremely small group that's heading out there. Funded by band alumni i heard, though. There really needs to be a fundraiser going to get them out to a road game as a full band in the next couple of years IMO.

Regardless of numbers, it will be good to have at least some of the band at a road game, something I have never experienced in the 40 away games I've attended. Since Gopher fans will be split on opposite sides of the stadium, hopefully I'll be on whatever side allows me to hear the band.

Yeah. Its an extremely small group that's heading out there. Funded by band alumni i heard, though. There really needs to be a fundraiser going to get them out to a road game as a full band in the next couple of years IMO.

There is. Follow the link for more info, although I would contact the Band Alumni Society directly to get up to date information, as this page describes the goal they set for this year.

http://www.skiumah.org/node/11657

At the closing of the Jerry Kill show on KFAN I believe I heard a mention of the marching band making it down to Nebraska. If this is true does anybody have information on where they will be playing before the game?

They can't march down University Avenue but they can march all the way down to Nebraska. WTF

There is. Follow the link for more info, although I would contact the Band Alumni Society directly to get up to date information, as this page describes the goal they set for this year.

http://www.skiumah.org/node/11657

Not only that, this was posted on the message board several times.

I think the Band Alum Assoc needs to have a better presence in the concourses at the stadium - people who are already football followers and have dispensable cash on hand. I bought a maroon livestrong type bracelet as I walked up the steps for $2 because I knew it went to a good cause. Would it be so difficult to have 2 people in band uniforms at every major entrance doing the same - selling something where 50% proceeds go to cancer research (or something), the other half to fund band trips and equipment?

Not only that, this was posted on the message board several times.

I think the Band Alum Assoc needs to have a better presence in the concourses at the stadium - people who are already football followers and have dispensable cash on hand. I bought a maroon livestrong type bracelet as I walked up the steps for $2 because I knew it went to a good cause. Would it be so difficult to have 2 people in band uniforms at every major entrance doing the same - selling something where 50% proceeds go to cancer research (or something), the other half to fund band trips and equipment?

Perhaps they need to get approval from the U to do such a thing? No doubt the U would allow it.

Why don't they have an option to donate money to the band for a road trip when you buy your season tickets? There's always a little box to donate to the Gopher fund. That said, the Band is part of the Department of Music, and god knows the departments at the U of M don't all exist in perfect harmony.

The pep band will include 28 members and the drum major. They will be enmass at the UMAA tailgate at the Grand Manse playing at 11:30 then at the pep rally at noon. They will also hit various tailgates spreading a lot of Minnesota cheer and goodwill until 1:30.

The pep band will be playing during the game leading the Gopher following with song and cheers. Lets hope the team can play well enough to give us all something to cheer about. Wouldn't the Rouser and Hail Minnesota be sweet music to the ears after a Gopher victory???

Getting the full band to an away game is a huge task but this project is a start. There are lots of people who have worked very hard to make this happen. Mrs Bayfield and I really look foward to have the pep band in Lincoln enjoying all our Gopher favorite songs.

People can donate toward the band trips and get credit for Gopher Points at www.gopherfund.com

Does the band have a regular television show? If so, is there a link to the video online?

Band is at our motel. They did a great job of annoying the Huskers with loud group cheers at the wrestling match. Props to the wrestling squad.

Bummer. Seems like this kind of show would be fairly easy for the local PBS station to produce and could generate interest in and funding for the band's travel.

Example:
Texas Aggie Band Show
Halftime drill starts at 16:45 (although the interview with the tomb guard at the beginning is really cool).

Top Bottom