Baldy's meet the Gophers event

Checked it out a few weeks ago. Appears the owner may be from Missouri as they had a Missouri and TCF Bank stadium portrait hanging from the wall. Broken into restaurant/family side and other was bar/pull tab side. May have to check it out on Sunday.

Edit: There are two locations. Tailgate one is downtown by Pan O Prog.

Last edited:

Anyone know if they are doing autographs like they did last time??

I have not been there, but I have heard it is nice.

I have not been there, but I have heard it is nice.
Figure it may be a nice spot to watch a road game. I watched at Carbones off Cedar and 160th against WI last year and it was nice spot. Went to Ole Piper first and was full already.

Met Baldy as we were exiting the stadium at a game last year (as his tailgate spot is right outside the gate). Super nice. Been meaning to get down there and check it out after that.

Just got back from Baldy's. Roughly a dozen Gopher players there all playing bags but unfortunately for the most part playing amongst themselves as very few fans there. Thank You to Baldy's for putting this on and the fans that made it, but as a fan base we need to do a better job supporting our team at these type of events as this is one of those NIL opportunities to put some money in our players pockets.

Just got back from Baldy's. Roughly a dozen Gopher players there all playing bags but unfortunately for the most part playing amongst themselves as very few fans there. Thank You to Baldy's for putting this on and the fans that made it, but as a fan base we need to do a better job supporting our team at these type of events as this is one of those NIL opportunities to put some money in our players pockets.
I assume they were sponsored by Baldys as I didn’t see a cash register or money being exchanged for a picture. Kind of hard when there are 12 players and it was Lakeville days but they drummed up business that they would not have had otherwise including two in our group.

Could have split players with half inside as we were there for an hour at a high top by the game area with a decent crowd before we walked towards the bathroom outdoor patio and noticed they were all outside. I had one little kid ask if I was a coach and I’m 5’9” 160 lbs.

Perhaps our fans prefer defense?

The last time Baldy’s did this it was a great time! Wish I could have made it this time, even with Lakeville being an hour away, but just couldn’t swing it!

I live in Lakeville (surprise!) and I only heard about this event on GH.

but as a fan base we need to do a better job supporting our team at these type of events as this is one of those NIL opportunities to put some money in our players pockets.
I hear ya, I just think a better structure might help. For example, I'm not going to walk up to a few of the players and ask if I can be a part of their bag tossing game. That stuff might be fine on the recruiting weekend, if maybe a recruit walks up and gets involved, but I'm over twice the age of these guys. I'd prefer to just walk in, hand 'em some money and leave after maybe a picture or two. Or maybe have an eating challenge - walk up and see if you can eat some BBQ faster than an o-lineman?

I hear ya, I just think a better structure might help. For example, I'm not going to walk up to a few of the players and ask if I can be a part of their bag tossing game. That stuff might be fine on the recruiting weekend, if maybe a recruit walks up and gets involved, but I'm over twice the age of these guys. I'd prefer to just walk in, hand 'em some money and leave after maybe a picture or two. Or maybe have an eating challenge - walk up and see if you can eat some BBQ faster than an o-lineman?
Agree - two things would help events like this. 1) I live roughly 3 minutes from Baldy's Tailgate and would have attended if I actually heard something about before the day of the event and 2) Something more organized than joining a bean bag game. Take my $20 and smile for a couple of pictures for my son.

Agree - two things would help events like this. 1) I live roughly 3 minutes from Baldy's Tailgate and would have attended if I actually heard something about before the day of the event and 2) Something more organized than joining a bean bag game. Take my $20 and smile for a couple of pictures for my son.
Yeah, you'd think a few quick radio ads about it wouldn't cost too much, or a billboard?

I thought more about it, and if they wanted to do the bag toss game, have it more organized where there's like a line you wait in and then each team is 1 gopher player and fan versus another gopher player and fan. That way it's not as awkward as just walking up to a group of college kids who are already talking to each other.

Or how about some challenges: can you throw further than Athan? (Obviously no one will, but I'd pay to just do it.)

Yeah, you'd think a few quick radio ads about it wouldn't cost too much, or a billboard?

I thought more about it, and if they wanted to do the bag toss game, have it more organized where there's like a line you wait in and then each team is 1 gopher player and fan versus another gopher player and fan. That way it's not as awkward as just walking up to a group of college kids who are already talking to each other.

Or how about some challenges: can you throw further than Athan? (Obviously no one will, but I'd pay to just do it.)
Radio ads and billboards aren't cheap.

Top Bottom