Badgers have 4 enter portal in last two weeks

swingman

Reaction score
Last edited:

All schools are going to have to deal with the transfer portal and NIL situation. Wisconsin is going through a spurt right now of transfers. Unfortunately we may get our spurt later.

All schools are going to have to deal with the transfer portal and NIL situation. Wisconsin is going through a spurt right now of transfers. Unfortunately we may get our spurt later.
PJ straight up said that you should EXPECT unexpected transfers as just the SOP from here on out.

No doubt it will happen to us.

bottom line - Coaches are really going to have to monitor the roster closely to determine whether any players are disgruntled or looking for more playing time.

In some cases, Coaches may have to essentially re-recruit players to keep them on the roster. If you want to keep a kid badly enough, you might have to adjust the rotation to get more players playing time. I'm not saying you give a player time he doesn't deserve, but if your #2 at a position is capable of giving you minutes, you might need to get him in some games to keep him happy.

And - that can be a benefit because you get more players with experience and maybe keep your roster a little healthier. Look at what the Gophers have done on the D-Line.

The transfer portal and NIL are going to be the coolest parts of EA’s NCAA Football 2025.
Think of how annoying it's going to be win you recruit a player, develop him, and then he enters the transfer the portal to go to Wisconsin.

PJ straight up said that you should EXPECT unexpected transfers as just the SOP from here on out.

No doubt it will happen to us.
Yeah, it's happened and it will continue to happen (probably more).

I wish Itayvion Brown wasn't playing for Michigan State. It's going to be a big part of college football going forward.

In many cases, not all, this is what happens when underclassmen replace the older guys.

College athletics will never be the same.

In a way, it reduces the importance of recruiting high school kids if you can fill holes through the portal.

bottom line - Coaches are really going to have to monitor the roster closely to determine whether any players are disgruntled or looking for more playing time.

In some cases, Coaches may have to essentially re-recruit players to keep them on the roster. If you want to keep a kid badly enough, you might have to adjust the rotation to get more players playing time. I'm not saying you give a player time he doesn't deserve, but if your #2 at a position is capable of giving you minutes, you might need to get him in some games to keep him happy.

And - that can be a benefit because you get more players with experience and maybe keep your roster a little healthier. Look at what the Gophers have done on the D-Line.
The D line has three transfers.

Agree. Coaches might have to provide a bit more positive feedback for those on the bench that they still want to keep. I've heard from several sources that some coaches are a lot "nicer" during the recruiting process than once they have signed. I read where Bob Stein said that it was a quick lesson that things/relationships changed with Warmath from being a prized recruit to one of 100 players on the roster. Some of that can be expected, but the new power that players have will bring about changes in how things are done.

Top Bottom