Badgers getting healthier; Allen has shoulder issue

Iowa wrecks injury reports!

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin Badgers running back Braelon Allen will work to feel as "good as possible" for the final three games, but he'll likely be dealing with some amount of pain regardless.

The sophomore star injured his left shoulder in a 35-24 victory over Purdue two weeks ago and exited briefly twice during a 23-10 win over Maryland on Saturday. Allen is fourth in the Big Ten Conference in yards (989) and touchdowns (10) and fifth in attempts (178). He logged his 14th career 100-yard game against the Terrapins with 119 and a touchdown.

"When I hurt it against Purdue, I had to get X-rays and stuff and see what was going on," Allen said. "It was just a sprain. They told me it couldn’t really get worse and that I could pay on it. That's all I needed to hear. I just have to treat it up and do whatever I need to do to feel the best I can."

Why do the Gophers almost always play the Badgers at the end of the season?

It's our Rivalry and is used to switch with Wisconsin, but then Nebraska came along. I prefer Iowa be earlier in the year.

Same thing as Ohio State and Michigan. Always at the end of the year.

It was not ALWAYS that way.
I have gone to numerous MN/ WI games in the Hump and Camp Randall that were not at the end of the season.
The Thanksgiving games are far more likely to be held in inclement weather and often interfere with Thanksgiving family gatherings.

Same thing as Ohio State and Michigan. Always at the end of the year.
Yes, typically the last game of the BIG schedule involves geographic rivals (with the exception of the traditional MI vs OH State Game). That's why Purdue vs Indiana, Iowa vs Nebraska, NW vs Illinois, Maryland vs Rutgers, etc.

It's the perfect way to end the season IMO.
Especially when the season works out such that the last game is the de factor division title game (looks like that won't be the case this year). Exciting atmosphere when the stars align for the axe and a trip to Indy are at stake against a hated rival.

Especially when the season works out such that the last game is the de factor division title game (looks like that won't be the case this year). Exciting atmosphere when the stars align for the axe and a trip to Indy are at stake against a hated rival.
Depending on how Illinois and Purdue perform in the next two weeks, the game can mean much more than just the axe

Top Bottom