Bad weather - Better for a big O-Line?

Reaction score
If it rains tomorrow is it better or worse for a big O-Line? I think it is better! The faster you are, the more important having good footing becomes....Our O-Line is big and slow, maybe they will be able to lay on the NW D-Line. Have a drink to hope. :cool02:

Moving around in the slop is pretty exhausting so it comes down to conditioning. If they're big and in shape it's an advantage, if they're big and a little soft around the edges it could wear them down faster. It should help slow edge rushers though which is a good thing either way.

Bad weather is generally bad for the defensive secondary because the receivers know where they are going and the DBacks have to adjust and give chase. It's bad for QB's and receivers because they have to throw and catch a wet ball. It's bad for the inside running game because RBacks can't cut back as easily. It's bad for fat slow offensive linemen because they have to move their feet and react to rushing line men. It's good for linebackers because blitzing lanes cannot be closed up easily and there are balls on the floor.

What's it all mean? Damned if I know, but take the under...or maybe it's the over. Hope this cleared it all up for you.

Field Turf or grass?

Good point on conditioning.

Does Ryan field have grass or Field Turf? I can't remember.

According to NU athletic site the grass was replaced with artificial turf in 1994.

Top Bottom