B1G Offensive Power Ratings

Hmmmmm......

If wi, Purdue, and nebby gel with new coaches.... The west will be wild this year. But .. NW won't win a game all year.... I expect a down Iowa year.. 6-6ish....

Call me crazy but I see 10-2.... Especially if we beat U.N.C

I think our offense is going to be gooooooooood

too low, but i feel like we just get auto-ranked 7 for all of these big ten lists
Exactly! It took a lot of wins over Nebraska to finally be placed above them in these worthless offseason rankings. It will probably take a similar multi year run vs Wisconsin to inch above them in these things.

Lots of people out there publishing all sorts of opinions and lists, looking for clicks and other types of attention.

My favorite are all the “best” uniforms, helmets, stadiums, etc. lists. Amazingly, the teams with the largest fan bases and most potential clicks always seem to have the “best” uniforms and helmets. Funny how that works.

Fall practices will begin soon and this prediction drivel based on raw speculation will end.

Exactly! It took a lot of wins over Nebraska to finally be placed above them in these worthless offseason rankings. It will probably take a similar multi year run vs Wisconsin to inch above them in these things.

Lots of people out there publishing all sorts of opinions and lists, looking for clicks and other types of attention.

My favorite are all the “best” uniforms, helmets, stadiums, etc. lists. Amazingly, the teams with the largest fan bases and most potential clicks always seem to have the “best” uniforms and helmets. Funny how that works.
Well this was from the esteemed Twitter account with 400 some followers. Thats the sort of ranking you should expect.

A full year of AK will make all the difference one way or the other. Everybody is locked into Tanner mode and don't have a full year's of games to expect any differently. The offense cant evolve with another year of Tanner mode in a different, more athletic QB. This should be higher at the end of the year than where it is now, but is as much recognition of the suck-fest below than anything.

Excited to see what Harbaugh offense looks like.

From Harbaugh bio:

Coached Brevyn Spann-Ford in 2022, who led Minnesota with 42 catches and tallied 497 yards and two touchdowns. Spann-Ford had the most receptions by a Gopher since the 2019 season and became the first tight end to lead the team in receptions since Maxx Williams in 2014. For his efforts, Spann-Ford was named honorable mention All-American and First-Team All-Big Ten by PFF, and was an honorable mention All-Big Ten honoree by the league’s coaches and media members.

Coached Skyy Moore at WMU who ended the 2021 season with 95 receptions for 1,292 yards and nine touchdowns en route to being named All-MAC First Team. He ranked eighth in the nation in receiving yards per game (107.7) and placed 14th in the nation in receiving yards (1,292).

Coached Corey Crooms at WMU who had 44 receptions for 768 yards and six touchdowns in 2021. Also coached Jaylen Hall who made 46 catches for 752 yards and three scores in 2021.

In 2020, coached D'Wayne Eskridge at WMU, who was a first team All-MAC selection at receiver, in addition to winning MAC Special Teams Player of the Year. He led the nation with 210.0 all-purpose yards per game, while 130.7 of those were receiving yards, a total which led the MAC and ranked fourth in FBS. He recently completed his rookie season with the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks.

In 2019, Harbaugh helped coach the Gophers, one of three schools (joining Alabama and LSU) to feature two 1,000-yard receivers (Rashod Bateman and Tyler Johnson) and one 1,000-yard running back (Rodney Smith).

In 2018, Harbaugh coached receivers at Chattanooga. Harbaugh coached Bryce Nunnelly to first team All-Southern Conference honors after finishing second in the league and seventh in the nation with 112.5 receiving yards per game.

too low, but i feel like we just get auto-ranked 7 for all of these big ten lists
Exactly, until Athan puts up back to back years like 2019 no one will give us credit. If we do it this year they will all say maybe it was just a fluke with all the new coaches in the West this season.

Top Bottom