B1G Game 12: Gophers Host Ohio State (2-8-24)

Last year, I was not enthusiastic about Battle. However, I was impressed with her play the first half of this season and was ready to nominate her for the Most Improved Gopher. However, her play has deteriorated after the Wisconsin loss. I think she is pressing and is trying to lift her game and the team too much. Other players need to lift their games. Sanders is receiving much warranted criticism for not sharing the ball and getting assists. On the other hand, Sanders is the only natural scorer or player with a scorer's mentality getting playing time. Hart and Heyer seem to be worn down by the tough Big Ten battles under the basket and GG is inconsistent. I think Coach P needs to figure out how to channel Sander's energy because I don't see anyone else lifting their game, providing a spark, or providing more offensive punch.

She could have came here and been the next Lindsay Whalen and owned the state. In Conn. she is just another good basketball player and will be just be replaced by yet another good basketball player!
I bet she didn’t think winning a Natty would be this difficult. I love the improved parity in the woman’s game and hope it’s many more years before UConn wins another Natty.

Top Bottom