B/R NFL Scouting Dept. Final 2021 NFL Draft Big Board: Bateman #9 overall, #2WR

MisterGopher

Reaction score
This is ranking of the prospects, not expected pick. They rank the top 300 prospects.
  1. 1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson (9.6) (QB1)
    2. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (9.4) (TE1)
    3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State (9.3) (QB2)
    4. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon (9.0) (OT1)
    5. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama (8.9) (WR1)
    6. Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota St. (8.8) (QB3)
    7. Zach Wilson, QB, BYU (8.7) (QB4)
    8. Landon Dickerson, IOL, Alabama (8.7) (IOL1)
    9. Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota (8.65) (WR2)
    10. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU (8.6) (WR3)
Bleacher Report article

Last edited:

Thought it interesting they compared him to Reggie Wayne. Hadn't thought of that but can kind of see it now. Be great if he had a career similar to Reggie.

Taking a TE in the first round seems like a real crap-shoot, Especially in the first five picks. Large majority have not panned out.

Thought it interesting they compared him to Reggie Wayne. Hadn't thought of that but can kind of see it now. Be great if he had a career similar to Reggie.

100%. Quick dust up on his stats. Wayne was a six time pro-bowler. Over his 14 year career he AVERAGED over 1,000 yards and 75 receptions per season. Nearly 6 touchdowns on average as well. A top five NFL receiver over that entire 2006-2011 span. Reception yard leader in 2007 with over 1,500 yards.

Given....Reggie Wayne had a hall of fame QB in Peyton Manning throwing to him....but that doesn't take away from his ability. Worth noting....similar size to Bateman at 6'0" 205lbs.....according to wikipedia. Slightly slower at a 4.45 40 time. Here's another thing that is pretty interesting. Wayne was taken with the 30th overall pick. Could be very similar to Bateman.

I think it’s much more likely that Bateman goes in Round 2 than the first half of Round 1. But I would love to be wrong.

Taking a TE in the first round seems like a real crap-shoot, Especially in the first five picks. Large majority have not panned out.
Yeah but he might be the best tight end prospect ever.
If he stays healthy he is a stud. Health is the only question mark

Yeah but he might be the best tight end prospect ever.
If he stays healthy he is a stud. Health is the only question mark
A lot of can't miss TEs were... misses.

A lot of can't miss TEs were... misses.
I can’t really think of many draft guys who were tight ends who were “can’t miss”

jeremy Shockey was maybe the last one with this much hype?

I can’t really think of many draft guys who were tight ends who were “can’t miss”

I was thinking shockey or Vernon Davis. Pitts is just very unique though.

If you are a first round pick at TE, that's a pretty good sign they think you are can't miss. Kellen Winslow II was pretty hyped.

If you are a first round pick at TE, that's a pretty good sign they think you are can't miss. Kellen Winslow II was pretty hyped.
Kellen Winslow jr was hyped but a known psycho on draft day

Yep, and still selected with #6 pick.
Correct. But anyone who had ever seen that clip knew he wasn’t a guaranteed success.
I didn’t say no one else ever was hyped.

I said other than injuries he is “can’t miss”
With Winslow, other than injuries and being a psycho...he was can’t miss

I was thinking shockey or Vernon Davis. Pitts is just very unique though.
I would agree with Davis. I remember him being pretty hyped pretty big, going 6 overall.

The Lions have two recent top-10 TE's in Eric Ebron at 10 and TJ Hockenson at 8. Because, ya know, they're the Lions.

I would agree with Davis. I remember him being pretty hyped pretty big, going 6 overall.

The Lions have two recent top-10 TE's in Eric Ebron at 10 and TJ Hockenson at 8. Because, ya know, they're the Lions.
I would say Pitts is much more hyped than either Lion.
Davis and Shockey are probably the best comparisons to hype IMO but I think Pitts is even more a sure thing

I wish my teams (Vikings and Chiefs) were in need of a WR. Please no Green Bay, pretty please?

I wish my teams (Vikings and Chiefs) were in need of a WR. Please no Green Bay, pretty please?
I hate it, but the packers have shown interest and it would actually be a good fit from both sides. Makes me wanna puke.

Depending on trades and last minute adjustments, RB will be a late First Rounder, or early Second Rounder.

I will be shocked if Bateman falls out of the first round, and if he does, whoever drafts him is getting a steal.

I think he ends up getting drafted around 22/23.

Top Bottom