Away Game Tickets On Sale NOW!

wmpp

Reaction score
Just ordered my Wisconsin tix and didn't see a post on this yet. Away game tickets are on sale as of 9am today.

They can be ordered on the phone or via the web. Here are the instructions from the ticket office:

Away Game Tickets

Starting on Wednesday, May 12th at 9:00am, current football season ticket holders will be able to purchase away game tickets. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone. Instructions on how to purchase away game tickets online are listed below. To purchase over the phone, please call the Gopher Ticket Office at 612-624-8080 or 1-800-UGOPHER.

1. Go to www.gophersports.com and click on the "Ticket Info" tab near the top of the page or click HERE to start the away game ticket purchasing process.
2. Click on the "Buy Single Game Tickets" icon on the left side of the page
3. Click on the "Login" icon near the top of the page on the right side. Enter your Username and Password and click the Login button. Games will not appear until you have logged into your account
* Your Username was provided in the football renewal information email that you received from the Gopher Ticket Office. If you do not remember your Username please contact the Gopher Ticket Office at the number above.
* If you do not remember your Password click on the Forgot Password link. A temporary password will be sent to the email address on your account. You will need the temporary password to create a new one.
4. Click on the "Buy Tickets" link next to the game you would like to get purchase tickets.
5. Select the number of tickets you would like to purchase - Click Continue
6. Enter the Scalper Prevention Code - Click Continue
7. On the Shopping Cart page - Click Continue.
8. Select "Mail Out" delivery method - Click Continue.
9. Enter your payment information.
10. Click BUY and you are done!

Just bought my max of 6 for the Vadger game.

This will be my first trip to Madison for a game! I can't wait!

Thinking of doing the same. What section are the seats?

This is my first experience buying away tickets through the office, but as I understand it, the seats will be assigned later.

As far as where the visitors sections are, I believe they are AA, LL, and some of X and Z (though I've heard the lower bowl seats are extremely sh*tty - you're basically staring at the backs of Gopher players the whole game).

This is my first experience buying away tickets through the office, but as I understand it, the seats will be assigned later.

As far as where the visitors sections are, I believe they are AA, LL, and some of X and Z (though I've heard the lower bowl seats are extremely sh*tty - you're basically staring at the backs of Gopher players the whole game).

When I bought tickets to the IA game last year, they were assigned based on my gopher points. I didn't ask, but I assume they will again be assigned based on your point total.

One more note: If you plan on sitting by a specific season ticket holder, you'll each eventually need to provide the ticket office with the other's account #. You can order tickets now and call/email later with that information.

I just bought 6 - it took me less than 3 minutes on the phone with them, since my login never seems to work.

Just an FYI - this was the official release that went out:

Gopher Football Road Game Tickets on Sale

University of Minnesota Athletics Ticket Office officials announced today that tickets for all 2010 Golden Gopher road games are on sale now and available for purchase by current football season ticket holders.

Minnesota will play five road games during the 2010 season, beginning with the season opener at Middle Tennessee State on Thursday, Sept. 2. Other away games include the annual battle for Paul Bunyan’s Axe on Oct. 9 at Wisconsin plus Big Ten clashes at Purdue on Oct. 16, Michigan State on Nov. 6 and Illinois on Nov. 13.

The away-game tickets may be purchased online at www.gophersports.com or over the phone by calling the ticket office at 612-624-8080 or 1-800-UGOPHER between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

2010 Minnesota Football Road Game Ticket Information

Sept. 2 - Middle Tennessee State

Game Time - 6:30 p.m. CT

Price - $25.00*

Limit - None

Oct. 9 - Wisconsin

Game Time - 11:00 a.m. CT

Price - $49.00*

Limit - 6 tickets

Oct. 16 - Purdue

Game Time - 11:00 a.m. CT

Price - $46.00*

Limit - None

Nov. 6 - Michigan State

Game Time - TBA

Price - $49.00*

Limit - None

Nov. 13 - Illinois

Game Time - TBA

Price - $45.00*

Limit - None

Seats

I bought 6. It looks like I'm in Row 19 in General Admission 3. Hopefully 19 rows is high enough to see the whole field.

I bought 6. It looks like I'm in Row 19 in General Admission 3. Hopefully 19 rows is high enough to see the whole field.

The seats aren't assigned yet. Those are like placeholders. You'll be assigned seats when they mail the tickets out.

I ordered 6 for Wisconsin. It will be my first trip there as well. As of last year, I am making it a goal to go to one away game per year. Went to Columbus last year and it will be Madison this year.

I think something was f'd up with the website this morning. It wasn't letting me order the tickets with my account on line. So, I called the ticket office and was able to order them up no problem.

At this point... I'm not sure if it will be the wholesome family oriented Schnauzer, or the partying hijinx Schnauzer. We are going to wait to see what the kid's schedule is for that weekend and then make a decision if we are going to bring our kids and a friend of theirs (family trip), or an adult trip with two other couples (road trip- bar scene).

Thanks!

The seats aren't assigned yet. Those are like placeholders. You'll be assigned seats when they mail the tickets out.

Look for the loudest group of six and you can almost be certain it will be the Rescooter household.

Thanks for the update.

Ski-U-Mah!

I ordered 6 for Wisconsin, so did a friend of mine. I hope they have a rip-roarin pep fest somewhere on Friday night.

I ordered two. I called at 9:15 this morning and waited for 20 minutes for a live person.

The visitors allocation is split between the very bottom SE corner, near Bucky's Locker Room, and the top corners of the upper deck. Hard to tell which is better.

I ordered two. I called at 9:15 this morning and waited for 20 minutes for a live person.

The visitors allocation is split between the very bottom SE corner, near Bucky's Locker Room, and the top corners of the upper deck. Hard to tell which is better.

I was in the upper deck seats last time (KK, on the student section end). The view wasn't terrible (though is was very hard to tell what was happening at the opposite end zone and the big screen was the opposite direction). I'm glad this game is earlier in the year b/c the one prob with that section of seats is that the wind comes right off the lake and drills you. So here's hoping for better temps.

I've been fortunate to sit in both the upper and lower levels at Camp Randall, I prefer the lower. Even though it's tough to see the action on the opposite end, the upper deck felt too far away from the action for me.

And I wish it was later in the year, the snow falling in the second half was awesome (at least I think there was snow falling 2 years ago).

Anyone else heading to Champaign????

No Champaign this year but we were down there in 2008. Great time. Nice warm day, Gophers pulled off the upset.

The night before the game in 2008, we drove past Memorial Stadium and noticed the lights were on. Then noticed an open gate on the south end of the stadium so we parked and walked in. There were guys playing basketball on a court set up in the south end zone (they kicked off basketball practice after the football game) and others running around on the field. So we strolled out, took pictures and explored the stadium.

Then we noticed a bunch of people hanging around in the renovated press box/suite area. So we headed in there and they were having a party so we got to check out that too.

Have fun in Madison

The linked post gives some ideas of fun things to do, although it may be somewhat Badger-centric. Seriously, if you come with a fun attitude, aren't a total d**che, and avoid obviously inebriated undergrads, you can pretty much join up with any tailgate and have some fun college football talk.

Link

A buddy and I both maxed out our 6tix allotment for Wisky. My second trip there, should be fun.

Trying to get down to Murfreesboro for the MTSU game. I'm hoping to meet up with a military buddy stationed outside of Nashville. It would be fun to check out the Tennesee Vols game that Saturday too.

Top Bottom