Athan will be the starter this Saturday per TheGopherGuys on Twitter

You have said this a couple times but it just isn't true. Joseph said he probably wouldn't play early in the week but he was a gametime decision and nobody was sure he wasn't going to play until the Nebraska QBs came out for warmups before the game.
Yeah, it wouldn't be too smart for a coach to show his cards before all the bets are made figuratively speaking!

I worry about Athan turning the ball over against a ball hawking defense like Iowa’s.
I do too, which is why he needs every possible snap he can get under center. You can’t replicate live game action and decision making in practice.

You have said this a couple times but it just isn't true. Joseph said he probably wouldn't play early in the week but he was a gametime decision and nobody was sure he wasn't going to play until the Nebraska QBs came out for warmups before the game.
Joseph also said Thompson would not start against Michigan Thursday. I saw on Nebraska TV his clear statement that though it was day-to-day, Thompson "probably wouldn't" start against MN. He doesn't play games as cleverly as many coaches - refreshing candor on many aspects of games, players, team, himself.

Well, where’s your messiah now?
He's down 10-0 and allowed to throw on first and second down now........he goes 5-5 on the drive and leads us right down the field for our only touchdown. He's in a great rhythm.

He was never allowed to do that again.

It's kind of a mystery to me, but what do I know. I guess it was too risky to try that again.

Last edited:

Top Bottom