Ask Bob: Why don't you like P.J. Fleck?

When I first spotted this thread I had wishfully read Ask Brohm: Why don't you like PJ Fleck

Morgan had an off the charts historical performance against Purdue...if he would have had his normal good type of game, or even a very good game, Gophs could have very well lost that game.

If he just had his normal type of game, they still might have scored as many points, just with longer, sustained drives, which would have helped the defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morgan had an off the charts historical performance against Purdue...if he would have had his normal good type of game, or even a very good game, Gophs could have very well lost that game.

Morgan had the game he had because it was a great game plan and his receivers made his job pretty easy as well. If it had been a poor game plan or the receivers would have dropped even a couple balls the Gophs could have very well have lost that game.

If Rodney had not have rushed for 100 yards like was the case in earlier games, the game could have been lost.

If the Gophers would have tackled better like they did in earlier games, this would have been a blowout instead of a 1 TD game.

If the Gophers had passed more, especially in the second half instead of sitting on their lead, the game very well might have been a blowout, or a loss thanks to multiple pick-6.

If Brooks would have had runs like he has had in previous matchups with Purdue it would have been a blowout.

If the refs would have called even a couple more holding calls on all the hooking and grabbing on Coughlin, it would have been a blowout.

If lightning would have struck, the game might have been delayed or even cancelled.

If Taylor Swift had been scheduled for a halftime show the fans may have rushed the field and damaged the turf, which would have totally changed defensive philosophies in the second half. Possible loss, or blowout.

Bob-Shmob!!! This idiot is busy cleaning his mom's basement. He's jealous because PJ is actually making a difference in young peoples lives. This Bob-a-knob guy sounds like a typical nutcase-nobody is allowed to get better-only talk bad about the opponent and pretend to be a tough guy. I wonder if he can spell PJ.

That part felt like a little kid saying "the video game is cheating".

Luck is part of Fleck's system? He really believes that?

Fans always want to attribute losses to bad luck. This is a new trend where a fan attributes success to good luck instead of skill because they like the team and dislike the coach. Only plays that felt like luck in the Purdue game were two players injured on one play for them, and a lucky bounce on an onside kick. The rest was play makers making plays.

I get pointing at fluke plays or needing to convert 4th and long, or getting an onside kick, etc. and using that as an argument that we could have lost. However, not sure saying “if our player(s) wouldn’t have played as well” is a valid argument. Seems we could apply that to pretty much every game and it feels like grasping at straws to me. Just think if Winfield never played against FSU...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree completely. You could even extrapolate your last point and say well, the D was better the last four games of last year than we've seen so far this year, Winfield didn't play in those games, maybe if Winfield was still out we roll those teams.

I doubt anyone in their right mind thinks this team is better without Winfield, but you could make that argument and there's no way to prove it wrong.

Top Bottom