Anyone listen to KTSP this afternoon with Reusse?

frozengopher

Devious and Conniving Member
Reaction score
He interviewed Coach Watson for a few minutes, pretty cut and dried interview. They talked about the Broncos connection with Brew and Reusse asked his typical question about the authenticity of Brew's enthusiasm. Talked recruiting but Watson did not talk about where he was assigned. Said he looked forward to teaching our young wr corps and showing them a lot of the things he learned in the pros. After the interview was over Reusse and his sidekick talked about how it seemed like we have a good staff set up and that they hoped they would stay awhile, as they seemed to like where they were at in Minny.

For some reason, Reusse's show is not on demand.

As someone who has hated Reusse with a passion, i'm very impressed by the way he has been recently. Now if only the clowns at KFAN would come around...

Reusse's a smart guy, a helluva writer and despite his awful voice, pretty good at the radio game. He's built his brand on being a cynical a-hole, so I don't know how long he can bite his tongue. Still, I'd rather listen to negative press about the U than no coverage at all.

As someone who has hated Reusse with a passion, i'm very impressed by the way he has been recently. Now if only the clowns at KFAN would come around...

He's only "been" like this because they have to kiss up to the University to keep getting guests and actually try to compete with the "clowns at KFAN".

I'm sure Minnesota rubes will love it. They'll never do anything to risk the one thing they did manage to get...a propaganda wing for the U. Even at the expense of guys like Reusse who know the score there.

email or call the station and let them know you appreciate the Gopher coverage and would love to see it continued.

Demi Does His Part for the Universe

He's only "been" like this because they have to kiss up to the University to keep getting guests and actually try to compete with the "clowns at KFAN".

I'm sure Minnesota rubes will love it. They'll never do anything to risk the one thing they did manage to get...a propaganda wing for the U. Even at the expense of guys like Reusse who know the score there.

Keep the faith. Any cynical negativity recently shed by Reusse at KSTP is not lost. It has been quickly integrated into the dark personality of one Demi. The universe is back in balance.

Who crapped in your Wheaties?

Minnesota rubes love that KFAN is a propaganda wing for the Vikings. Even at the expense of guys like Paul Allen who know the...who am I kidding. Allen's lips are wrapped tight as can be around Shaincoe's giant unit.

edit: also Demi needs to get high or something.

You sound slightly bitter. What goal are you trying to achieve with this? Are you under employment of AM1130? And like the previous poster stated, KFAN is a massive "propaganda wing" for the Vikes, so, as a huge Gopher fan, I will take this and run with it for as long as it lasts. Especially when legitimate Gopher coverage is taking place, the most in depth that this state has experienced in a long while.

Whatever the reason for Reusse being civil and having good U of M guests on, it is fantastic to hear so real Gopher coverage on the radio. My personal feeling is that the big wigs at KSTP are going to go hard after everything KFAN doesn't cover well especially U of M sports and the Twins in order to get a hand hold in the market.

I find it funny how immature so many gopher fans on this site are. When fat pat rips the gophs he is the worst writer and radio guy in the business. Now that he has had 2 gopher segments everyone is like "he's not that bad, and he is a hell of a writer. Give me a break, so many of you guys have such big tunnel vision its sad.

Minnesota rubes love that KFAN is a propaganda wing for the Vikings. Even at the expense of guys like Paul Allen who know the...who am I kidding. Allen's lips are wrapped tight as can be around Shaincoe's giant unit.

edit: also Demi needs to get high or something.

Do not talk smack about Paul Allen.

I find it funny how immature so many gopher fans on this site are. When fat pat rips the gophs he is the worst writer and radio guy in the business. Now that he has had 2 gopher segments everyone is like "he's not that bad, and he is a hell of a writer. Give me a break, so many of you guys have such big tunnel vision its sad.

It is the same with the coaches in both football and basketball. We lose a few basketball games and we see threads about how Tubby is overrated and not right for our program. We put a beat down on Wisconsin and all of the sudden people are praising him for his work here. Similar situation for Brewster. Its too bad and I really cannot understand why it happens.

Since you chose to paraphrase my post, I'll assume you're directing this at me. Feel free to search through my posts and find where I've ripped Reusse in the past. I've called him fat and cynical. Am I wrong there? Never said he was a terrible writer, never said he sucks on the radio.

I don't call it immaturity or tunnel vision, I call it fandom. I welcome anyone who wants to contribute to the cause. And if you really want a break, you can feel free to stop coming here any time. I'm sure no one would mind :D

I have had some dealings with Mr.Paul Allen he is a first class jerk. and his play by play is not that good,as a matter of fact it is over the top.

Top Bottom