Anyone know Matt Rhules phone number

You want a guy who has pretty similar results to Fleck in a smaller sample size to replace fleck?

Overeaction, he has flaws but so does everybody, he is a good coach

Agree. Biggest issue with Fleck is his 2-21 record trailing at halftime. Other than that I do think hes been good. MN is not gonna do much better unless they unload a brinks truck and thats not happening.
2-21 when trailing at halftime is less and issue than the fact that he trails at halftime 23 out of 63 games

He is 27-4 when tied or leading at halftime.
Seems like the first half causes more losses than the second half

Agree. Biggest issue with Fleck is his 2-21 record trailing at halftime. Other than that I do think hes been good. MN is not gonna do much better unless they unload a brinks truck and thats not happening.
2-21 when trailing at the half is a disgraceful stat. What it tells me (and I don’t completely blame Tanner) is that our QB does not have the skills to overcome even small deficits. This stat isn’t based on 1 year where the O-line is bad and not giving Tanner time to throw (which I agree was a huge problem today).

This 2-21 stat spans over half a decade. At some point you have to realize there is something fundamentally wrong here. The problem is that we don’t have a QB that can overcome even just a little adversity and take the game into his hands and win it. WR’s are a problem this year too, but again, this stat spans 6 years.

I’m not trying to bash Tanner and I hope he is okay after that cheap shot by Illinois but he’s not the leader this team needs.

2-21 when trailing at the half is a disgraceful stat. What it tells me (and I don’t completely blame Tanner) is that our QB does not have the skills to overcome even small deficits. This stat isn’t based on 1 year where the O-line is bad and not giving Tanner time to throw (which I agree was a huge problem today).

This 2-21 stat spans over half a decade. At some point you have to realize there is something fundamentally wrong here. The problem is that we don’t have a QB that can overcome even just a little adversity and take the game into his hands and win it. WR’s are a problem this year too, but again, this stat spans 6 years.

I’m not trying to bash Tanner and I hope he is okay after that cheap shot by Illinois but he’s not the leader this team needs.
Does the 27-4 when tied or leading at half mean there is something fundamentally flawed with everyone else?

Does the 27-4 when tied or leading at half mean there is something fundamentally flawed with everyone else?
No offense, but that makes no sense. You’re comparing a 2-21 stat that ONE team has over a 27-4 stat spread out over how many other opponents.

No offense, but that makes no sense. You’re comparing a 2-21 stat that ONE team has over a 27-4 stat spread out over how many other opponents.
The team winning at halftime usually wins about 78% of the time in the nfl.
Likely even higher in college football due to the high number of mismatched games in talent.

Meaning if the gophers were in the nfl they’d be 5-18 when trailing at half
If they were in the nfl they’d be 24-7 when leading at half (but the current gopher stat includes ties and I don’t have the just leading stat)

I am going to just go ahead and tell you maybe you should chill.

In a normal 6 year period you’d expect the gophers to win 1-2 more games when trailing at half.
You’d expect them to lose another 3-4 games when tied or leading at half

I think you should chill

It’s the style.
The style we play is good from ahead and bad from behind.

Defense gives up a touchdown on first drive this year?
0-2
Defense gets a stop on first drive?
4-0

This makes sense when seeing how aggressive Illinois was on 4th down early in the game. They really really wanted to build an early lead.

The team winning at halftime usually wins about 78% of the time in the nfl.
Likely even higher in college football due to the high number of mismatched games in talent.

Meaning if the gophers were in the nfl they’d be 5-18 when trailing at half
If they were in the nfl they’d be 24-7 when leading at half (but the current gopher stat includes ties and I don’t have the just leading stat)

I am going to just go ahead and tell you maybe you should chill.

In a normal 6 year period you’d expect the gophers to win 1-2 more games when trailing at half.
You’d expect them to lose another 3-4 games when tied or leading at half

I think you should chill
I may live in Florida, but I’m chill like Minnesota in February. 😆

My point was that a championship winning QB carries the team on his shoulders. We do not have that. Yes, you need other components, but it starts with the QB.

Are we now 0-31 when trailing by at least 10 points in a game? If that’s true, it seems worse than 2-21 when trailing halftime.

Are we now 0-31 when trailing by at least 10 points in a game? If that’s true, it seems worse than 2-21 when trailing halftime.
We should try to fall behind shitty teams by 10 early to change this stat

PJ only has 25 losses as coach of the gophers so not sure where you’re getting your 0-31 stat

Top Bottom