Anyone else hoping for 5 LB's on Saturday?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
With Northwesterns QB's ability to shed tackles and make plays with his feet is anyone else hoping to see 5 LB's on the field? Would like to see the base with Lawrence, Campbell and Tripplet along with Tinsley and Cooper on the field. Two DT's and two rovers from the LB group at the DE spots if you give them the 4-3 (overload to the weak side), Campbell and the tackles if we give them the 3-4 look. 2-5 with the linebackers twisting and stunting. Move them around, stand them up I don't care just make sure that Kafka doesn't take off running and that if you bring the blitz you hit him square and do not roll over the guy. He is elusive because he is good at using the opponents momentum and over-pursuit against them.
We need to see the Gopher linebackers under control if the blitz, obviously play fast but do not over-run the play. Would like to get Coopers speed on the field and Tinsley's ability to hit.
The Northwestern line is a finesse line that is a lot like the old Gopher O-lines this is why I think you could get away with skipping DE's and playing five linebackers on Saturday. If not make Cooper the nickle safety and remove one backer. Doesn't matter what I think but I would like to see Cooper and Tinsley mixed in more as the season rolls along.

I would like to see us go a little more speed and contain with our DE's thus creating a 5 LB effect. I think we have the right personnel to make this work. I've often felt that two big commanding DT's and a defacto 5LB group is the key to shutting down a spread offense.

Campbell at DE?

I think I saw Campbell play some D line against Air Force. Go to a 3-4 and put Campbell on one end. That would get you 5 LBs on the field.

Top Bottom