Any one have this info?

Rog

Reaction score
The way I understand it, is that every B-10 school was able to name two teams that they play every year. As we all know, ours is Wisconsin and Iowa. I imagine Michigans are Ohio State and Michigan State. What are the others? Also do all teams have two, but maybe only one or none.
I suppose one could go back over the last ten years and figure it out but that at least for me is to much work.

* Illinois: Indiana, Northwestern
* Indiana: Illinois, Purdue
* Iowa: Minnesota, Wisconsin
* Michigan: Michigan State, Ohio State
* Michigan State: Michigan, Penn State
* Minnesota: Iowa, Wisconsin
* Northwestern: Illinois, Purdue
* Ohio State: Michigan, Penn State
* Penn State: Michigan State, Ohio State
* Purdue: Indiana, Northwestern
* Wisconsin: Iowa, Minnesota

Thanks for the quick answer!!!

Wonder is the long run if there is an advantage to any?

Its seems it protects rivalry games. And saves on some travel. But Purdue? come on. Northwestern and Indiana. Either by location or rivalry that is pretty soft.

The strange thing about the schedule, that I have not checked further than my memory bank is opening weekend. It seems either the first game out of the box or certainly the second finds OSU at Northwestern. It often is not who you play or played, its when you play them.

The way I understand it, is that every B-10 school was able to name two teams that they play every year. As we all know, ours is Wisconsin and Iowa. I imagine Michigans are Ohio State and Michigan State. What are the others? Also do all teams have two, but maybe only one or none.
I suppose one could go back over the last ten years and figure it out but that at least for me is to much work.

I was unaware that each B10 team plays the same two opponents each year. When did this scheduling policy start? :confused:

I was unaware that each B10 team plays the same two opponents each year. When did this scheduling policy start? :confused:

I think it started when we got 11 teams or whenever the unbalanced scheduling started. It was a way to make sure the top rivalry games aren't skipped because of the rotation of teams you don't play.

I think Illinois (Indiana, Northwestern) and Purdue (Indiana, Northwestern) make out pretty good in the long run. Over the course of recent history IU and Northwestern are definitely 2 of the 3 or 4 lowest performing programs in the conference.

I understand why they play Wisconsin and Iowa every year, but it's too bad the Gophers can't play Michigan every year, for the battle of the Little Brown Jug. That would be sweet!

I understand why they play Wisconsin and Iowa every year, but it's too bad the Gophers can't play Michigan every year, for the battle of the Little Brown Jug. That would be sweet!

i may be wrong, but i believe minnesota and michigan did play every year for the little brown jug - until penn state joined the conference. then everyone had to go to a modified round robin schedule due to the odd number of teams.

I think Illinois (Indiana, Northwestern) and Purdue (Indiana, Northwestern) make out pretty good in the long run. Over the course of recent history IU and Northwestern are definitely 2 of the 3 or 4 lowest performing programs in the conference.

NU is 6-4 over the last 10 yrs and 45-53-5 vs the Illini so they seem to be doing OK against them.
And I believe IU is 6-4 vs Ill over the same time.

Can't find anything for Purdue, maybe Mnboiler can help.

Top Bottom