Another NIT like performance

akoch6767

Reaction score
Wow that was....!!! Awful....But we won...Thanks Westbrook...I do believe we would have lost that game in O.T

I will take a few more unsexy wins like that. You will never hear me complain about a win.

Agreed. Penn St has been playing everybody close. A road win is a valuable thing. We're still alive for the Dance.

Westbrook did not take the right shot there. It fell, but wouldn't you want to drive the lane? Taking a guarded off-balanced near 3 is not really the look you want. I give him credit for hitting it but he also almost cost us the game with his earlier play. I'll take it!

Wow that was....!!! Awful....But we won...Thanks Westbrook...I do believe we would have lost that game in O.T

True, we can thank Westbrook for the win. But, we could have blamed his horrible ball handling if we had lost. I love to see him shoot. I hate to see him handle the ball.

yes, yes you can never complain about a road win...I just saw a lot of mistakes that still need to be corrected. I am happy for the gophs...A buzzer beating win could be the thing that this teams needs to pump themselves up.

yes, yes you can never complain about a road win...I just saw a lot of mistakes that still need to be corrected. I am happy for the gophs...A buzzer beating win could be the thing that this teams needs to pump themselves up.

I agree with you to a point. It was pretty darn ugly. But I'll take a road win (or any win) at this point considering how the season has gone. Whether this gets us off on a good run, I'm not sure. All that I care about for now is that we have another win.

a win is a win. Maybe you missed Purdue almost losing to Indiana the other night. The big ten is tough.

akoch...the other night we had a good visit and now you come back with this. Keep in mind, you told us that you are a freshman at NDSU...Excuse me? Is that the hub of Western Civilization?

Or was that some other dude, ak?

I have to agree. We won. That's good. Isn't it?
Apparently not to all "fans." Nor is it apparently good to make a buzzer-beater if it isn't the "right shot"

We're beset by some very strange folk on the 'Hole nowadays. ... :rolleyes:

We pretty much dominated the game. We're playing on the road, so you know the home team is gonna make a run for it. No need to complain about this game. We NEEDED a victory like this. This might be give the guys the confidence to go on a run the rest of the season.

no complaints here. we often lose those on the road. so the fact that we won one, go Gophers! you take road wins however you can get them, especially in close games

This was a dangerous game, especially after the week the team just went through. It's a win, and with (hopefully) all the drama and distractions for the year now over, maybe it is the start of a successful stretch run.

Westbrook did not take the right shot there. It fell, but wouldn't you want to drive the lane? Taking a guarded off-balanced near 3 is not really the look you want. I give him credit for hitting it but he also almost cost us the game with his earlier play. I'll take it!

LW - took that shot because of a great screen by Blake.. Did you see that? That screen forced a switch with LW guarded by a bigger slower defender.. It was the shot to take, because that's what the defense gave him.

Westbrook surely does not play like a senior. He still makes too many errors, getting trapped on the baseline, missing passes, forcing shots. I love the fact he hit the game winner, but he is not the senior leader I want to see develop. He will be tough to replace next year offensively, as we don't have much replacing him. Defensively he is not that great and can be replaced.

Westbrook surely does not play like a senior. He still makes too many errors, getting trapped on the baseline, missing passes, forcing shots. I love the fact he hit the game winner, but he is not the senior leader I want to see develop. He will be tough to replace next year offensively, as we don't have much replacing him. Defensively he is not that great and can be replaced.

Sure, it's easy to pick his game apart....you could do that with anyone on the team. He'll be missed big - time next year. He played like a senior today.

akoch...the other night we had a good visit and now you come back with this. Keep in mind, you told us that you are a freshman at NDSU...Excuse me? Is that the hub of Western Civilization?

Or was that some other dude, ak?

Your analogy on me is very confusing Doc....I'm sure your patients heads were spinning after they left their appointments with you...I'm sure you told them that they all had major problems...I don't think I've ever done anything to deserve smart ass comments from you...I always hated crabby doctors...played a prank on one once and lmao...I wonder what you would think of that.

I don't see how I am being negative either...the team played like crap...would have gotten blown out by OSU again today...I still have a positive outlook on the season and I do believe that we can turn the ship around and start playing a good brand of ball again...but come on...we played in front of a lifeless crowd and barely beat a team who may very likely not win another game this year.

Sure, it's easy to pick his game apart....you could do that with anyone on the team. He'll be missed big - time next year. He played like a senior today.

If he did not hit that last shot, you would say Westbrook had a bad game. Just keep that in mind...

I am kind of with the negative crew on this game. I thought the Gophers were on their way to a business like road win until they got very conservative late in the game...and then completely collapsed after Damian's free throws. To allow 2 uncontested 3's and then give up a jump ball in the last minute or so? C'mon.

On the plus side, Ralph played a very good game and I thought Devoe did a nice job on Battle. Playing Carter and Johnson together also seemed to pay dividends for a little while.

The gophers need to beat a team like that by 15 points...I know Penn State has been competing of late...and I agree that a Big Ten road win is legitimate no matter who the team is. I think this will spark the team to go on a 5-0 run hopefully to get back into tournament consideration.

Top Bottom