Andy Katz talks Tubby in 2 minutes ESPN

Basically reinstated that the state of Minnesota isn't sure where the report came from and that Oregon should began pursuing their "B list" to fill their vacancy. Then Gottlieb made an attempt to sell Oregon to Tubby, claiming he would have a field day playing pac ten opponents. Nevertheless, it was an over-hyped story that seems to have no truth.

Thanks for the recap. I've stated plenty of times that I don't think Tubby would leave for Oregon unless it was due to lack of support here. This Oregon saga has been very strange though because Tubby's name has emerged 2-3 times now. Usually, after a name is shot down once, it doesn't come back up again.

Gottlieb does make one point though, Tubby would make mince meat of the Pac-10. This season's Gophers would've won the Pac-10. With Tubby's style of play, he could probably run the tables in that conference.

Gottlieb does make one point though, Tubby would make mince meat of the Pac-10. This season's Gophers would've won the Pac-10. With Tubby's style of play, he could probably run the tables in that conference.

Totally cyclical. Ben Howland's been to 3 Final Fours this decade. UCLA will be back. Arizona will be back. Mike Montgomery's a hell of a coach and Lorenzo Romar always finds a way to get it done. The Big 10 is better/tougher right now, but not by as much as some people are saying. Oregon is no great shakes and the idea that it would be 'easy' to go in there and dominate the Pac 10 is ridiculous.

Doug Gottlieb is the about the dumbest talking head on TV. Utterly clueless.

Gottlieb reminds me a lot of Seth Davis; convinced of his own brilliance despite daily reminders of the opposite.

Doug Gottlieb and Seth Davis are a lot like my brother-in-law:

"Often wrong but seldom in doubt"

What is Gottlieb and Davis's beef with Minnesota anyway? It's almost like they are lobbying for Tubby to leave here. These jerks should leave their personal grievances aside and just report the facts.

Agreed. He hates the big ten for some reason also. Oh well, he steals credit cards.

He hates the Big 10 because he played in the Big 12 (and I guess the Big East too before he got busted).

Spot On

Totally cyclical. Ben Howland's been to 3 Final Fours this decade. UCLA will be back. Arizona will be back. Mike Montgomery's a hell of a coach and Lorenzo Romar always finds a way to get it done. The Big 10 is better/tougher right now, but not by as much as some people are saying. Oregon is no great shakes and the idea that it would be 'easy' to go in there and dominate the Pac 10 is ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. +1000

Doug Gottlieb absolutely does hate the Big Ten for some reason. Never heard him say anything positive about it. Before the Tournament he said that Michigan State was in shambles going into the tournament. Look how right he was on that one. :)

I guess I'm just amazed by Gottlieb, Seth Davis, and all the national commentators who obviously feel that Tubby can't possibly mean a word of what he's said (I'm the Minnesota coach next year.....)

Michigan State

I think if you asked most die-hard Spartan fans if they saw this coming (even with Izzo's history of NCAA success) the way Sparty played down the stretch, they would say no. And that was when Lucas was relatively healthy.

I don't know if Gottlieb's description of "in shambles" is the one I would have used, but I think his point was fair. After the BTT and prior to the NCAA, no way did I think this Spartan team was capable of a Final Four run. They showed no signs of that toward the end of the season. Ohio State yes, MSU, no.

Doug Gottlieb absolutely does hate the Big Ten for some reason. Never heard him say anything positive about it. Before the Tournament he said that Michigan State was in shambles going into the tournament. Look how right he was on that one. :)

The guy's a tool. I too have never heard him say one positive thing, not just about the Gophers but anyone in the Big 10. He's just generally clueless.

He was on Mike and Mike this morning, and they were talking about the lives of athletes. He starts telling a story about a 'friend' in the NBA. It's clearly going into inappropriate territory for a morning show. Greenie asks him 'are you sure you want to finish this?' in a tone that clearly says 'shut up, you moron' and he just continues right on. I've never heard them go to break so hastily with Greenie promising analysis from 'someone else' on the return.

Top Bottom