An Apology to dpodoll68

Did anyone write papers for me? No. They didn’t. Was it a systemic cheating set up within the confines of an athletic department and team? No.It wasn’t. This isn’t copy pasting a paragraph and rewording it. This was much larger. Are there bigger scandals? Of course. But if your program sucks so much that you need to hang banners from a year that was vacated—then your program sucks.

I’ll never forget those games. I was 11. Best time ever to be a fan. But that doesn’t mean the university needs to recognize it.

I can agree with you about the banners - mostly cause it's been so long now - but Michigan is a better university academically and has better revenue programs athletically, but found a way to re-hang their banners. I guess the lack of consistency by the NCAA really just bothers me.

I can agree with you about the banners - mostly cause it's been so long now - but Michigan is a better university academically and has better revenue programs athletically, but found a way to re-hang their banners. I guess the lack of consistency by the NCAA really just bothers me.

100%. The NCAA is a trash organization. I just don’t think banners matter. Not like a recruit is showing up next year and is wowed by the final 4 banner from 6-9 years before they were born. Time to move on. Would love to see a non-vacated one up there before I die.

off-topic, but when I was working in radio in Wisconsin, I covered some of Sam Okey's games for Cassville when he was a HS freshman. I also covered some games for Kyle Korver when he was a HS freshman in Pella, Iowa. And in my book, Okey was a better player as a freshman.

Top Bottom