Allen

GopherNation

Reaction score
Allen has entered the game! That was the most interesting part of this whole game. There goes his redshirt. (correction grey shirt)

Allen is not on basketball scholarship, he is on football scholarship and was not redshirted.

Well, when he figures out Gopher football is going no where he might want to switch his "main" sport.

Which Team Is More Underachieving?

Well, when he figures out Gopher football is going no where he might want to switch his "main" sport.

Right now . . . ?

Our football team or the hoop-ahs?

Come on, you know when royce and Mbwake are on this roster we are a Big Ten Contender.

First time posting since Dec. 19, why no posts after OSU win?

You're right, I haven't posted on either board since late-December. For good reasons. What the hell does that have to do with anything? We've had many wins and losses since then. I've commented on none of them.

Now, again . . .

This team should not be struggling like it is. If you are happy, or think all is copacetic - so be it. Our boys are in trouble, and the next 3-4 games will be interesting.

BTW, my ~ 1,500 posts have earned me the right to jump in and out of this forum at my leisure - annually if necessary. Bite it.

This has already been covered... After he is done with his 4 years of football he could save one season, his 5th year to basketball only.

That is only the case if he plays football for 4 years and basketball for the 5th year. He can play football and basketball BOTH for 4 years a piece if he chooses. I don't know what you are talking about.

"Bite it"? Really? Are you 10? I didnt take shots at you, i just asked why you didn't post after that win. I didn't attack, not sure why you are so defensive? just a simple question wondering why you didnt post then. "Bite it"? Now, again...really?

"Bite it"? Really? Are you 10? I didnt take shots at you, i just asked why you didn't post after that win. I didn't attack, not sure why you are so defensive? just a simple question wondering why you didnt post then. "Bite it"? Now, again...really?

The inference is that I only came in to flame after a loss. The Gophers have played what, 12? or so, games since the date of my last post - which YOU brought up. I have commented on none of them - win or lose.

You have no idea why I have not been posting since that date, or why I posted 1,400 times on these boards previously.

Had you asked solely why no posts since 12/19 - that is fair. Specifically asking why no posts after beating OSU - was loaded - you know it, and I called you out on it.

Nice attempt at a skate save.

I don't know what you are talking about.

This is what I was trying to get at... from previous Allen discussion:
? Would it be a good idea for the Tubster not to use him this year. That way if he isn't suitable for the next level in football he can use his fifth year as a full year to concentrate on Basketball as a fifth year Senior?

I was glad to at least see that Tubby was willing to put him in. I wouldn't have minded seeing him a little earlier with how badly we were being blown out.

Well, that was my point with this whole thread. Now he is not able to play ball in his 5th year, unless of course he sits out in the future. And of course this was brought up again because Tubby used him today.

I don't think so... We need an extra body this year off the bench. If he's good, maybe he'll decide on basketball, but until then, you can't redshirt him hoping that he decides against football.

I don't think so... We need an extra body this year off the bench. If he's good, maybe he'll decide on basketball, but until then, you can't redshirt him hoping that he decides against football.

Agreed.

I was trying to clarify for GortonsFisherman011's question of why Tubby would even consider redshirting him, this year or in the future.

He looked really good

on that one play he was in---running around the perimeter LOL

That is only the case if he plays football for 4 years and basketball for the 5th year. He can play football and basketball BOTH for 4 years a piece if he chooses. I don't know what you are talking about.

He may take the basketball redshirt any of those 4 years (of football).

Top Bottom