All UPPERCLASSMAN starters 2020-21??

RTB-87

Reaction score
IF we land Gach and he is immediately eligible along with Robbins possibly being deemed eligible... line-up might be:

Carr- RS Junior (year 4)
Gabe- Junior (year 3)
Gach- Junior (year 3)
Johnson- RS Senior (year 5)
Robbins- Junior (year 3)

We talk in college hoops about how old teams win. That is not only an old line up but a talented old line up. Meshing would take some time no doubt but that’s as mature and talented of line up as we’ve seen in a longgg time here.

IF we land Gach and he is immediately eligible along with Robbins possibly being deemed eligible... line-up might be:

Carr- RS Junior (year 4)
Gabe- Junior (year 3)
Gach- Junior (year 3)
Robbins- Junior (year 3)

We talk in college hoops about how old teams win. That is not only an old line up but a talented old line up. Meshing would take some time no doubt but that’s as mature and talented of line up as we’ve seen in a longgg time here.

I worry about 3 pt shooting, but if the group was cohesive and defended well (top 5 big ten) they'd follow suit and finish that way in the conference. Really good depth as well with Ihnen, Mash, Curry/Omersa. I'd trust Pitino to be fine offensively with that group and be able to make up for the lake of consistent 3 pt shooting.

Carr- RS Junior (year 4)
Gabe- Junior (year 3)
Gach- Junior (year 3)
Robbins- Junior (year 3)

Gach still unknown but this is a really good college basketball lineup. Coach this team up and they could really do some damage.

Would really like to see German KD make a big jump forward this season.
High ceiling guy, could perhaps even exceed Gach? I know some disagree, but I feel he has the potential to play off the bounce and guard a wing so would work with Johnson and Robbins. Tall lineup.

Last edited:

I worry about 3 pt shooting, but if the group was cohesive and defended well (top 5 big ten) they'd follow suit and finish that way in the conference. Really good depth as well with Ihnen, Mash, Curry/Omersa. I'd trust Pitino to be fine offensively with that group and be able to make up for the lake of consistent 3 pt shooting.

Agreed on 3 point shooting. Gabe is the real only big time shooter from 3. Carr/Ihnen/ Gach potentially and Mash/Tre are all good enough three point shooters though that should keep teams honest.

Just love the idea of being old in the BigTen. That’s a grown man line up.

Agreed on 3 point shooting. Gabe is the real only big time shooter from 3. Carr/Ihnen/ Gach potentially and Mash/Tre are all good enough three point shooters though that should keep teams honest.

Just love the idea of being old in the BigTen. That’s a grown man line up.

I think Mash will be a 35%+ 3 pt guy too from what I've read and seen, but that's still only 2 that will exceed that percent. Heck even Gabe didn't last year (bad years happen). I think if Robbins is a better passer out of the post you'll get more inside out 3's which are a higher percentage shot, plus slasher types like Johnson and Gach (if we get him) would also create more open catch and shoot looks (which are typically more higher percentage). Again not in an attempt to derail the thread, but I think Pitino is good at finding ways to put players in spots to create offense with the rosters he has, so I trust him there. Getting old is the key in CBB for sure like you mentioned.

I think Mash will be a 35%+ 3 pt guy too from what I've read and seen, but that's still only 2 that will exceed that percent. Heck even Gabe didn't last year (bad years happen). I think if Robbins is a better passer out of the post you'll get more inside out 3's which are a higher percentage shot, plus slasher types like Johnson and Gach (if we get him) would also create more open catch and shoot looks (which are typically more higher percentage). Again not in an attempt to derail the thread, but I think Pitino is good at finding ways to put players in spots to create offense with the rosters he has, so I trust him there. Getting old is the key in CBB for sure like you mentioned.
IT WILL NOT JUST BE WHAT CLASS PEOPLE ARE IN. The real benefit is how long they have played together.

IT WILL NOT JUST BE WHAT CLASS PEOPLE ARE IN. The real benefit is how long they have played together.

Of course that's even more ideal. but older players typically know more and then can hopefully gel quicker. The transition from HS to college can be so much harder for guys because a lot of them were so dominant and they have to go to finding roles and not being able to do whatever they want. Older players have a lot of time learned this and can find where they contribute sooner.

Top Bottom