All Things Maddyn Greenway Recruitment Thread (Class of 2026, Gophers Offered)

My daughter played for North Tartan as well, and at that time there were players driving 10 hours each direction from the far parts of North Dakota, Rapid City South Dakota, and Milwaukee. Both NT and AIA are Nike EYBL teams, and generally play in the same tournaments. It comes down to who they want to play with, and for. If your daughter is playing with one of of these top organizations, they will be seen and recruited as long as they have talent and play with heart.

Certainty? Do you mean have I hacked his cell phone, subjected him to hypnosis or administered sodium pentothal? No, I don't have that level of certainty. But he's been a public figure in Minnesota for more than 15 years and he's been a regular in the media for most of that time. He's spouted the typical Iowa superiority stuff you'd expect to hear when the subject is broached. He has toned it down quite a bit in the last few years as he's now doing business here and marketing products to this community, but he still gets a dig in from time to time.

It's not a big deal, he and his wife are proud Hawkeyes. I am not suggesting that he'd try to prevent his daughters from going to school here if that is what they wanted, I am just pushing back against the suggestion that his NIL business ties to the U are evidence that he's shifted his allegiances.

At least publicly he sure acknowledges that $$$ from Grey Duck is going to the Gophers. Coach Dame is always supportiive!

Per Shama:

Former Viking Chad Greenway’s daughter Maddyn plays at Providence and will be one of the best players in the state next season as a junior. Don’t be surprised if all four of Greenway’s athletic daughters go to Iowa where Chad and his wife Jenni went to school.

Go Gophers!!

Per Shama:

Former Viking Chad Greenway’s daughter Maddyn plays at Providence and will be one of the best players in the state next season as a junior. Don’t be surprised if all four of Greenway’s athletic daughters go to Iowa where Chad and his wife Jenni went to school.

Go Gophers!!
Iowa is going to suck next year, they lose everything. Clark mania will be over and the Gophers are on the rise!

Iowa is going to suck next year, they lose everything. Clark mania will be over and the Gophers are on the rise!
Iowa returns 2 starters, and has the 8th ranked 2024 recruiting class. With 4 incoming players ranked in the top 88 of the ESPN class.
Coach Bluder can coach with anyone. They will be better than you think.

i

No. 8 Iowa Hawkeyes

Highest ranked commit: F Ava Heiden (No. 36)

Heiden is a very fundamental post player with strong base and very good skills. She can play out of the post or on the perimeter and helps with the flow of game plans and schemes while making others better. Her patience and poise lends itself to a good understanding of the game.

Aaliyah Guyton (No. 57) is a combo guard with a reputation for scoring the ball, but her point guard abilities immediately standout as well. She is solid in the pick-and-roll and proved this summer that she can make others better. Defensively, she is always in stance and does a nice job of keep the ball in front and understanding help rotation.

No. 64 Teagan Mallegni, who is crafty with the dribble and strong on the boards, and No. 88 Taylor Stremlow are both knock down shooters in this group. Stremlow plays well within herself and has a great understanding of the game overall.

Callie Levin is a tough, quick three-star guard out Solon High School in Iowa. She should be a skilled perimeter player for the Hawkeyes.

Lisa Bluder has a system that rewards skills, shooting, and ball movement and these players can do all of that.

Iowa returns 2 starters, and has the 8th ranked 2024 recruiting class. With 4 incoming players ranked in the top 88 of the ESPN class.

i

No. 8 Iowa Hawkeyes

Heiden is a very fundamental post player with strong base and very good skills. She can play out of the post or on the perimeter and helps with the flow of game plans and schemes while making others better. Her patience and poise lends itself to a good understanding of the game.

Aaliyah Guyton (No. 57) is a combo guard with a reputation for scoring the ball, but her point guard abilities immediately standout as well. She is solid in the pick-and-roll and proved this summer that she can make others better. Defensively, she is always in stance and does a nice job of keep the ball in front and understanding help rotation.

No. 64 Teagan Mallegni, who is crafty with the dribble and strong on the boards, and No. 88 Taylor Stremlow are both knock down shooters in this group. Stremlow plays well within herself and has a great understanding of the game overall.

Callie Levin is a tough, quick three-star guard out Solon High School in Iowa. She should be a skilled perimeter player for the Hawkeyes.

Lisa Bluder has a system that rewards skills, shooting, and ball movement and these players can do all of that.
Aaliyah Guyton tore her ACL playing her senior year of basketball. Asliyah has been working hard to rehab and is hoping to be able to play her freshman year. It's a blow to the Hawks because she was slated to be our PG. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out and who ends up with the job of PG.

i

No. 8 Iowa Hawkeyes

And have a commits from Addie Deal and Journey Houston for 2025, ESPN #12 and ESPN #36. Couple of really good looking classes back-to-back.

Per Shama:

Go Gophers!!
This is such a nothing-burger from Shama.....it's like Charley Walters columns where he would say "don't print that" or "a little birdie told me"......such an easy thing to write when you don't have to name a source.

This is such a nothing-burger from Shama.....it's like Charley Walters columns where he would say "don't print that" or "a little birdie told me"......such an easy thing to write when you don't have to name a source.
Agree on Walters. He speculates without any real inside information or sources. Just a sports gossip columnist.

Chad Greenway interviewed with Mark Overden at "Callings all Sports" in SD and he talks about the recruitment of his daughter. He sounds pretty open minded about the whole process. Chad was in town promoting Grey Duck Vodka and he was going to be "Celebrity" bartender at the Canaries game.

This morning on KFAN Paul Allen's show as they were talking with Chad Greenway about his Hawkeyes loyalty, he said that he suggests to his daughter that she could be the next "one" at Iowa, but like any 16 year old, she might do the opposite of what her dad wants.

You can confirm with certainty he generally dislikes the Gophers? You heard that from who?

Maybe the question to ask, is why would his loyalties to University of Iowa have shifted? Thst would seem to be an outlier, especially for someone who was a sports star there.

P

Not knowing and I'm too lazy to look it up, but who are the top MN girls in Greenway's class?

Tori Oehrlein
Lanelle Wright
Kate Amelotte
Cail Jahnke
Mya Moore
You could add to the list.

Jayci Rath
Audrey Shindelar
Tucker Downs
Vienna Murray

However, in terms of who this staff will likely go after hard will be

Maddyn, Tori, and possibly Amelotte/Wright/Jahnke

Tori is likely a top 35-40 player in the country. The Gophers getting Tori or Maddyn will be a hard battle with outstanding teams coming after them. I would even go as far as to say that Gophers are not the favorite for either of them right now.

There is a ton of talent including in MN and around the Midwest and this staff has done a good job going after big names in MN, WI, IA, SD, ND and a little of IL.

Top Bottom