All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!)

I’m waiting. Will we learn if he’s a Gopher today?

Of all the offers that he has *at this point in time* I would be rather upset we don’t land him.

Of all the offers that he has *at this point in time* I would be rather upset we don’t land him.
Not sure I follow that line of thinking. Quick glance at his dad's twitter page shows offers from a number of power 4 programs including a bunch from the Big Ten.

He will have lots of good options but would seem like we definitely have a great shot at getting him to come home.

For sure, I also think we'll see a steady dose of Anthony Smith rotating in at DE.

Joyner, Striggow, Smith, and Howard on the ends could create some disruption for the QB.

Likely, Logan-Redding will more of a rotational interior DL in 2024, I would think. Would not surprise me to see the Gophers hit the portal market to add one more interior DL to add to the mix for depth, etc. Even better if he's a stud!
They have Richter on the inside as well?

If the reason he is transferring is that he wants to come home to be a Gopher and has the offer in hand …. that he hasn’t already committed should give you the answer on that.

If the reason he is transferring is that he wants to come home to be a Gopher and has the offer in hand …. that he hasn’t already committed should give you the answer on that.
Doesn't give an answer to anyone. Transfers want to see all their options before deciding.

Transfers want to see all their options before deciding.
That would be incorrect if there was a very specific school he was wanting to transfer to, and already held an offer from that school yet didn’t commit to them.

Thus transferring home was not his primary motivation for transferring.

He may still end up here. As you say, after reviewing all the options.

That would be incorrect if there was a very specific school he was wanting to transfer to, and already held an offer from that school yet didn’t commit to them.

Thus transferring home was not his primary motivation for transferring.

He may still end up here. As you say, after reviewing all the options.
I doubt very much coming home would be his primary motivation. But even if it's a strong thought in his mind he would still want to see if Georgia was interested.

I doubt very much coming home would be his primary motivation. But even if it's a strong thought in his mind he would still want to see if Georgia was interested.
Sure.

It seems wild to me that if you can't crack the two-deeps at LSU, that you could get an offer from Georgia. But I don't know much about the SEC, tbh.

Sure.

It seems wild to me that if you can't crack the two-deeps at LSU, that you could get an offer from Georgia. But I don't know much about the SEC, tbh.
Might depend on if he's a year older and who he was behind at LSU. Don't take Georgia as literal. Means blue blood programs. He knows he can come to Minnesota tomorrow or next week. No rush.

Top Bottom