***ALL THINGS JALEN SUGGS THREAD*** UPDATED 9/22: Gophers Offer Scholarship

Suggs expected to start for Minnehaha Academy varsity this year as 7th grader. Would expect him to transfer to Cretin,Hopkins or Tartan after 8th Grade.

Hey, that's my alma mater. I try to get over for a game or two, look forward to watching him for a couple of years before he leaves.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Minnehaha Academy eighth-graders anchor winning varsity

Jalen Suggs averages about 16 points per game and is a second-year starter for the Minnehaha Academy boys’ basketball team. No big deal.

Except he’s just an eighth-grader.

“I haven’t seen an eighth-grader in Minnesota that has his ability level,” coach Lance Johnson said.

Two of Suggs’ teammates, Terry Lockett and Kaden Johnson, are also eighth-graders, and the trio combined for 32 points in a 72-55 victory over Holy Family Catholic in the MLK Classic on Monday. Minnehaha Academy, ranked No. 5 in Class 2A coming into last week, is not a program that is set on bringing up younger kids to play varsity, according to Johnson.

http://www.startribune.com/minnehaha-academy-eighth-graders-anchor-winning-varsity/366314631/

Go Gophers!!

Watched Suggs recently, I won't be surprised if he's on Tyus / Trent's level recruiting wise... Coffey at a minimum. Well rounded player, 6'-1" with no weak spots in his game.

Will Minnesota be in the running?

JS: Yeah, Minnesota definitely will be in the running. I’d love to get that program started. I’ve met some of the coaches. They’ll definitely be in the top group.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/15/jalen-suggs-minnehaha-academy-basketball/

Kid is a throwback; football, basketball and baseball player.

I grew up with one of the Suggs; Ricky. He was an absolute beast in basketball at St. Paul Central in the late 70's early 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up with one of the Suggs; Ricky. He was an absolute beast in basketball at St. Paul Central in the late 70's early 80's.

I know Ricky as well. Went to a prep program at Macalester with him. Saw him while I was out and about a few times last year. Still the same nice guy.

Funny thing is, like Steve vs Dave Winfield, many said Gary(brother) was the better athlete. Didn't know Gary, so I can't say.

I can't remember exactly how, but I am pretty sure they are related.

I know Ricky as well. Went to a prep program at Macalester with him. Saw him while I was out and about a few times last year. Still the same nice guy.

Funny thing is, like Steve vs Dave Winfield, many said Gary(brother) was the better athlete. Didn't know Gary, so I can't say.

I can't remember exactly how, but I am pretty sure they are related.

BTW: I forgot to add that Dutcher did want him.

I remember him. Gifted ballplayer on some great Central teams.

Me too he was an athlete. Remember his teammate Stacy Robinson who went on to the NFL as well.

Stacy (rest in peace) and I were on the same NDSU team. He was great player and better person.

Stacy (rest in peace) and I were on the same NDSU team. He was great player and better person.

Natural leader. Always positive. Thinking back, between football and basketball, three players from that school(St. Paul Central) are no longer with us. Sad, but happy I got to know Mr. Robinson.

Ferron(sp?) Henderson was another player that Dutcher was interested in besides Mr. Suggs. He broke his foot while at Inver Hills CC and wasn't quite the same afterward.

Natural leader. Always positive. Thinking back, between football and basketball, three players from that school(St. Paul Central) are no longer with us. Sad, but happy I got to know Mr. Robinson.

Ferron(sp?) Henderson was another player that Dutcher was interested in besides Mr. Suggs. He broke his foot while at Inver Hills CC and wasn't quite the same afterward.

We still have former St.Paul Central and Nebraska football player Von Shepard.

We still have former St.Paul Central and Nebraska football player Von Shepard.

Know Von as well. I believe he is still a school administrator. Great longjumper, and football player!

Yes Ricky is alive and well.

I guess I posted that for others. Didn't want someone else to read this and think Ricky wasn't with us. BTW is Tin Man still in the area?

Top Bottom