All Things Impeachment Inquiry

bga1

What number of people have flown on AF2?
Let's find out who the guy is and get his testimony out in the open. Then we will know what we are dealing with. Agreed?

We are going to impeach based on an anonymous opinion that differs fairly substantially with the actual phone call transcript and the known facts? Have you read the transcript? There is no quid pro quo. An investigation of Biden had been initiated by Ukraine back in February. The recipient of the call says he was not pressured. Ambassador Volker testified that there is no relationship between the Biden request and aide to Ukraine.

howeda7

But Don is fighting the corruption. :rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/politics/yovanovitch-statement-breakdown/index.html

Yovanovitch: "With respect to Mayor Giuliani, I have had only minimal contacts with him -- a total of three that I recall. None related to the events at issue. I do not know Mr. Giuliani's motives for attacking me. But individuals who have been named in the press as contacts of Mr. Giuliani may well have believed that their personal financial ambitions were stymied by our anti-corruption policy in Ukraine."

Context: This is the key paragraph where Yovanovitch connects all the dots. She suggests that Giuliani's associates might have tried to get her removed from her post because she was legitimately fighting corruption, which could have harmed their business ventures.
Prosecutors said the men -- Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman -- who were indicted Thursday, illegally poured Russian cash into US campaigns last year and tried to leverage their newfound influence to benefit a legal marijuana enterprise.

bga1

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/politics/yovanovitch-statement-breakdown/index.html

Yovanovitch: "With respect to Mayor Giuliani, I have had only minimal contacts with him -- a total of three that I recall. None related to the events at issue. I do not know Mr. Giuliani's motives for attacking me. But individuals who have been named in the press as contacts of Mr. Giuliani may well have believed that their personal financial ambitions were stymied by our anti-corruption policy in Ukraine."

Context: This is the key paragraph where Yovanovitch connects all the dots. She suggests that Giuliani's associates might have tried to get her removed from her post because she was legitimately fighting corruption, which could have harmed their business ventures.
Prosecutors said the men -- Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman -- who were indicted Thursday, illegally poured Russian cash into US campaigns last year and tried to leverage their newfound influence to benefit a legal marijuana enterprise.

This CNN article is a hoot. It is 100% opinion presented as news. They do it like this: A) Quote from Yovanovitch (her opinion) B) "context" CNN tells their opinion of you how to think about it.

Bottom line- she got fired because she was lousy and against the President. She serves at his pleasure. The rest is speculation and opinion by a scorned former employee.

Last edited:

howeda7

This CNN article is a hoot. It is 100% opinion presented as news. They do it like this: A) Quote from Yovanovitch (her opinion) B) "context" CNN tells their opinion of you how to think about it.

Bottom line- she got fired because she was lousy and against the President. She serves at his pleasure. The rest is speculation and opinion by a scorned former employee.
Did you read further down in the article? The Deputy SOS told her she wasn't being fired for doing anything wrong, etc. Also, in March they asked to to stay on. In May she was pulled. I guess she went from good to terrible overnight? Get some different spin and try again.

bga1

Did you read further down in the article? The Deputy SOS told her she wasn't being fired for doing anything wrong, etc. Also, in March they asked to to stay on. In May she was pulled. I guess she went from good to terrible overnight? Get some different spin and try again.
Her opinion. Anti-Trumper. If Giuliani says something- do you automatically believe it or do you want proof? She was up there today to add to criticism of Trump. Nothing more than that.

It doesn't matter anyway- she can be fired for any reason or no reason at the pleasure of the President. Period. So what is the controversy here? You have someone in Washington DC that doesn't like Trump. Nooooooooooooo! Say it isn't so ! The DC area voted 91% for Hillary Clinton in 2016 (look it up). It's all anti- Trump in the bureaucratic deep state.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
I’ll add one more possibility to the Dems painting themselves into a corner. Thanks to a friendly MSM, the Dems very possibility will just go right to a House vote on impeachment without giving Trump the opportunity to defend himself in this phony impeachment inquiry. Allowing the Republicans to be involved in the impeachment inquiry would destroy all the narratives that the Dems and the MSM have worked to make over the last few weeks.

They will be basically forcing their House members in Trump districts to vote for impeachment and suffer the consequences. The truth will have to wait until the trial in the Senate. Depending on public sentiment, McConnell can kill impeachment with a quick vote or proceed with a trial that will expose all the weaknesses of the House narratives.

Either way, McConnell gets the last say how this plays out. I don’t think it ends well for the Dems.
This is never going to a vote. It was never intended to go a vote. A Senate vote means the R's are in control of the hearings. 1st witness Trey Gowdy calls, Hunter Biden. Then Joe Biden, then the Clinton Foundation donors, John Brennan, the fired Ukrainian ambassador Maria whatever, the fired Ukrainian prosecutor, the Joe Biden crony/CIA leaker who set up this coup attempt, then William B. Taylor, then Schiff's guy Thomas Eager who was just in Ukraine on Burisma's dime & of course Adam Schiff himself, who clearly orchestrated this, is a material witness & who has already lied to the American people. There's no way the D's let this go to the Senate. This is about shaping a narrative to hurt Trump at the ballot box 2020.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist

Yovanovitch was sacked because she was meddling in the 2020 election & obstructing the investigation into Biden & Ukrainian corruption. She's the one who made sure the Ukrainian prosecutors couldn't get their evidence to the US, by denying their Visa applications. She got sacked for good reason, but moreover, Trump can sack her for no reason at all if he wanted to.

Also noteworthy is Maria Yovanovitch's #2 was Democratic staffer William B. Taylor, the same guy who met with Adam Schiff's lackey Thomas Eager and then began sending texts trying to entrap Trump officials into saying there was a quid-pro-quo.

It's all quite obviously another Democratic set-up, and like the rest, it won't work & will only further infuriate the petulant Dem faithful.

TruthSeeker

Her opinion. Anti-Trumper. If Giuliani says something- do you automatically believe it or do you want proof? She was up there today to add to criticism of Trump. Nothing more than that.

It doesn't matter anyway- she can be fired for any reason or no reason at the pleasure of the President. Period. So what is the controversy here? You have someone in Washington DC that doesn't like Trump. Nooooooooooooo! Say it isn't so ! The DC area voted 91% for Hillary Clinton in 2016 (look it up). It's all anti- Trump in the bureaucratic deep state.
Who would qualify as a pro-Trumper when that person abandons Trump?

bga1

This is never going to a vote. It was never intended to go a vote. A Senate vote means the R's are in control of the hearings. 1st witness Trey Gowdy calls, Hunter Biden. Then Joe Biden, then the Clinton Foundation donors, John Brennan, the fired Ukrainian ambassador Maria whatever, the fired Ukrainian prosecutor, the Joe Biden crony/CIA leaker who set up this coup attempt, then William B. Taylor, then Schiff's guy Thomas Eager who was just in Ukraine on Burisma's dime & of course Adam Schiff himself, who clearly orchestrated this, is a material witness & who has already lied to the American people. There's no way the D's let this go to the Senate. This is about shaping a narrative to hurt Trump at the ballot box 2020.
Chalupa might be on that list... :)

KillerGopherFan

If they don’t take a vote, they still look bad b/c then it was obviously totally political leading to nothing. Independent/moderate American voters will see right through that.

I believe their strategy blew up when Trump released the call transcript and the complaint. They committed to the impeachment inquiry before they had the facts b/c they believed the call was closer to the “WB’s” account than the call transcript turned out to be.

In the short term, the low info public keeps hearing Trump did something bad and the polls on impeachment sway a little. Afterward, it’ll go back to where it was. The day Trump took office, 37% wanted him impeached, so it’s not exactly earth shattering news that it’s now in the mid-40s.

No matter what they do though, I think it doesn’t end well.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
If they don’t take a vote, they still look bad b/c then it was obviously totally political leading to nothing. Independent/moderate American voters will see right through that.

I believe their strategy blew up when Trump released the call transcript and the complaint. They committed to the impeachment inquiry before they had the facts b/c they believed the call was closer to the “WB’s” account than the call transcript turned out to be.

In the short term, the low info public keeps hearing Trump did something bad and the polls on impeachment sway a little. Afterward, it’ll go back to where it was. The day Trump took office, 37% wanted him impeached, so it’s not exactly earth shattering news that it’s now in the mid-40s.

No matter what they do though, I think it doesn’t end well.
Great post. As you said, the D's never thought a sitting POTUS would release the transcript of his conversation with a foreign leader. That type of transparency is unprecedented. They intended to make insinuations and feed the public lies, like with the Russia hoax.

These polls mean very little. The D's know damn well they can;t beat Trump at the ballot box, which is why they're so panicked & desperate.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
It's a scary path that the repubs are embracing....all in the name of the stupidest president in recent history. They are ready to adopt a new age of Mccarthyism. You don't have to go very far to see it. We have our own junior league of Mccarthys here on the board. CostaRicanTinman, booj, KFC, deuce, ogee, a bunch of stupid unnotables that cannot formulate sentences....
On the flip side, interesting to note the group that you have elected to identify yourself with. Maybe take a step back and look at some common denominators and form a more informed opinion?

howeda7

2–2:30? You mean 2-3pm? When lefty hack Shep Smith, pretending to be an anchor, is on?

He announced he’s leaving Fox News. :cry:
Seal that last pesky leak in the echo chamber. Perhaps they can just run Trump re-enacting scenes with Peter and Lisa for that hour. You'd watch.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Giuliani predicted the D's would be out with a smear against him within a couple weeks. He also said that every time they tried to smear him, in return he was going to present new evidence of what Biden, the DNC & other D's had done in Ukraine. Time to clean house.

Section2

Great post. As you said, the D's never thought a sitting POTUS would release the transcript of his conversation with a foreign leader. That type of transparency is unprecedented. They intended to make insinuations and feed the public lies, like with the Russia hoax.

These polls mean very little. The D's know damn well they can;t beat Trump at the ballot box, which is why they're so panicked & desperate.
Polls can be designed to get the desired response. For example, the oft cited impeachment poll wasn’t just a single question. It was a bunch of questions designed to bias the responder.
Any fair poll shows impeachment is not desired by anywhere close to a majority, and barely a majority even wants an inquiry.
Ds know it. They’re hoping something else drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section2

On the flip side, interesting to note the group that you have elected to identify yourself with. Maybe take a step back and look at some common denominators and form a more informed opinion?
Does Stocker even know what McCarthyism is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest profile posts

If you're going bear hunting, you better be prepared to go get the bear.
Reactions: Face The Facts
60's Guy
If you go bear hunting what’s the plan if you get one? (1) Heavy to get out of the woods? (2) Food value? (3) Expensive rug!
Just curious...obviously bear 🐻 hunting would be down on my list of things to do.