All Things Impeachment Inquiry

Section2

Isn’t it great to have an Attorney General, DOJ, and FBI that brings people to justice regardless of their political affiliations and how impacts the news narrative?

It’s great having a real Attorney General that won’t bury stories that the MSM will no doubt use to throw shade on the President and his associates.
Howie told me Barr is the worst

bga1

When did he last babble this? Can you dig that out for me? Yes Trump had sources that said Obama's certificate was not legit. So he asked him for it. Obama produced the certificate. Trump said this during the campaign:

(Sept. 2016)

"President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period," Trump said while briefly addressing the subject at the end of a campaign event at his newly built hotel in Washington.

Trump- Aug. 22, 2013, "Why are people upset w/ me over Pres Obama’s birth certificate? I got him to release it, or whatever it was, when nobody else could!"

stocker08

This and the polls...

I truly think more and more right-leaning people are recognizing this as an existential threat to the viability or even future existence of the Republican party. It's already facing a tough future considering that its old, angry base won't live forever, but this could hasten its demise. And honestly, I have the same concerns. I've said this before, that we need a sane and sensible conservative party to balance potential liberal excess. We don't have that right now.
It's a scary path that the repubs are embracing....all in the name of the stupidest president in recent history. They are ready to adopt a new age of Mccarthyism. You don't have to go very far to see it. We have our own junior league of Mccarthys here on the board. CostaRicanTinman, booj, KFC, deuce, ogee, a bunch of stupid unnotables that cannot formulate sentences....

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
So, everybody who worked with Biden ever is in the tank for him?
Dude flew on AF2 with Biden to Ukraine at least once. Coincidentally Biden is being investigated for high level corruption in Ukraine. Quite the string of coincidences.

The truth is, this Ukraine impeachment thing is dead in the water.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
The whistle blower may have worked with Biden in the same way a person works in the White House. Hundreds of employees in a location.

Nice try.
He worked on Ukraine issues with Biden & flew on AF2 with him at least once. The whole thing is blatant set-up that no reasonable person would believe.

bga1

Obama release his long form in 2011. That should have ended it. It took five years for Trump to finally stop the conspiracy stuff.
Here is a nice survey of the quotes--this is not a man simply curious.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politics/donald-trump-birther/index.html
I agree that should have ended it. However, it appears that he believed (correctly) that Obama did the Pochahontas thing and tried to gain advantage back when it was good for him to be born in Kenya and I think Trump wanted to keep that fact in the public's mind by casting doubt. It is almost as though Trump was once a Democrat, the way he did that.

howeda7

I know that's humor but a lot of people actually believe it. The reality is that Democrats were oversampled in a big way 48-34 or +14. The generic ballot as of today in the RCP is Dem +5. So - a nine point over sample of Ds. If Pelosi thought for one minute that these polls were true and she had the wind at her back- the vote would be held today.

We do know that Nellie Ohr has a ham radio...was she polled?
Skewwed! I hear Trum's un-skewwed approval ratings are over 60%.

howeda7

We accepted the results. I would say that the birther element was in the range of 10% of Rs maximum. I was not one of them, although I have no problem with asking Obama to show it and I don't really understand why it took him so long except he wanted to stir a little race talk. The current inability to accept that 2016 election is in the range of about 80% of the Dems.
So...you weren't one of them except you were?

bga1

Skewwed! I hear Trum's un-skewwed approval ratings are over 60%.
We'll see. I think that the internal polls show something different than the ones you are seeing. Again, perhaps that is why Pelosi is not holding a vote???

To me, until a pollster asks the person being questioned whether or not they have read the transcript, the poll means zippo. The public is being sold a lie daily and few know what the actual phone sounded like. No sane person, knowing what the phone call transcript was , would impeach on that basis.