All Things Impeachment Inquiry

Still have to find at least 19 Republican Senators who are willing to take a public vote to remove a sitting Republican President from office in an election year.

I put the odds of that happening about the same as the odds of the Twins having the highest payroll in Baseball next year. Possible, but highly unlikely.

The pressure on the Republican Senators will be intense. Trump and the RNC will have primary opponents lined up and ready to go if any Republicans vote to convict.

Maybe, once upon a time, public officials were willing to "do the right thing," or put "the good of the country" ahead of political concerns. that time is long-gone, dead and buried. Today, the only thing that matters is politics.

And - to be clear - if the situation was reversed, the same would be true. No Democratic Senators would vote to expel a sitting Democrat President from office. And, they can hide behind the claim that the Impeachment was "politically motivated." It's the perfect excuse - it works for either side in any situation. And it looks good in a fund-raising letter.

howeda7

Still have to find at least 19 Republican Senators who are willing to take a public vote to remove a sitting Republican President from office in an election year.

I put the odds of that happening about the same as the odds of the Twins having the highest payroll in Baseball next year. Possible, but highly unlikely.

The pressure on the Republican Senators will be intense. Trump and the RNC will have primary opponents lined up and ready to go if any Republicans vote to convict.

Maybe, once upon a time, public officials were willing to "do the right thing," or put "the good of the country" ahead of political concerns. that time is long-gone, dead and buried. Today, the only thing that matters is politics.

And - to be clear - if the situation was reversed, the same would be true. No Democratic Senators would vote to expel a sitting Democrat President from office. And, they can hide behind the claim that the Impeachment was "politically motivated." It's the perfect excuse - it works for either side in any situation. And it looks good in a fund-raising letter.
I believe the "if it was a secret vote 30 R's would vote to impeach him" is probably true. There is a threshold past which he's not worth it anymore. Right now they're still scared of his base primary-ing them. But if the damning info keeps coming at this pace, how long does that hold?

bga1

I believe the "if it was a secret vote 30 R's would vote to impeach him" is probably true. There is a threshold past which he's not worth it anymore. Right now they're still scared of his base primary-ing them. But if the damning info keeps coming at this pace, how long does that hold?
What damning information is there? Per the actual transcript of the phone call with Ukraine there was nothing there. Is there something else? Is Mueller back? Did Stormy Daniels take time out from suing Avenatti to make an accusation? Did we find out that the dossier had an item in it that was true? Or is it just that you have 20 unknown whistleblowers who all have an opinion about what happened on the phone call that we now have an actual transcript of?

to get a conviction in the Senate, there will have to be a REAL smoking gun. Evidence that cannot be spun or explained away. The equivalent of the Nixon tapes. Nixon still had Republican support until the tapes came out and the whole country heard the President saying "I don't give a s*it. I want you to stonewall it, cover it up." that ended the Nixon Presidency.

at this point, there is nothing even close to that level against Trump. A lot of the allegations are open to interpretation. all the Republican Senators need is a little plausible deniability. to get 19 votes for conviction, there will have to be unquestioned video or audio evidence that tips the scales.

howeda7

to get a conviction in the Senate, there will have to be a REAL smoking gun. Evidence that cannot be spun or explained away. The equivalent of the Nixon tapes. Nixon still had Republican support until the tapes came out and the whole country heard the President saying "I don't give a s*it. I want you to stonewall it, cover it up." that ended the Nixon Presidency.

at this point, there is nothing even close to that level against Trump. A lot of the allegations are open to interpretation. all the Republican Senators need is a little plausible deniability. to get 19 votes for conviction, there will have to be unquestioned video or audio evidence that tips the scales.
I don't think it's about the evidence. He's basically admitted to the crime and he's openly stonewalling. You either care about that, or you're fine with a quasi-dictator and don't care. So far they don't care. I'm saying if enough R's view him as more of a liability than an asset, they might pull the cord. The stuff in Syria might be hurting him more than the impeachment. They'd be better off with Pence anyway.

Section2

I can't imagine how hard the MSM would laugh if Republicans made these types of allegations against Obama. Howie would be "gimme a break"ing this stuff at light speed. There's nothing here. There's only something here if you read all kinds of facts not in evidence into the situation, and imply all sorts of things that weren't said and didn't happen. The framing of this as election interference is outrageous. In fact, every framing of this entire thing is nonsense and dishonest.

bga1

I don't think it's about the evidence. He's basically admitted to the crime and he's openly stonewalling. You either care about that, or you're fine with a quasi-dictator and don't care. So far they don't care. I'm saying if enough R's view him as more of a liability than an asset, they might pull the cord. The stuff in Syria might be hurting him more than the impeachment. They'd be better off with Pence anyway.
What crime did he admit to "basically"?

Are you saying that no President can ask for help from foreign countries regarding corruption by US politicians?

So far I think he is the best president in my lifetime and unlike the Ds, he actually seems to respect the constitution.

Section2

Did he admit to the crime or is he stonewalling? You realize those things are antonyms.

How on earth is this a quasi dictator? He has the deep state listening to his every conversation, leaking it to the opposition media, ready to pounce at every moment. Not quite dictator material.

bga1

I can't imagine how hard the MSM would laugh if Republicans made these types of allegations against Obama. Howie would be "gimme a break"ing this stuff at light speed. There's nothing here. There's only something here if you read all kinds of facts not in evidence into the situation, and imply all sorts of things that weren't said and didn't happen. The framing of this as election interference is outrageous. In fact, every framing of this entire thing is nonsense and dishonest.
The Dems and their waterboy media are trying to hide the transcript from the public and augment the opinions the Dems have about what the President intended. What percentage of Americans who were polled have read the transcript of the call? I would say that the percentage is under 5%. What percentage have heard what the media's opinion about the call? Probably 75-90%. Marketing works and the media is the Dems' marketing arm.

We are at the same stage in public discovery with this as we were in early 2017 when it became public that there was a Trump dossier. What if they had impeached him right then at the moment? They could have done it and maybe they would even have been successful based on a complete fraud.

Remember a few months back when it took Barr a few weeks to issue the 99% unredacted Mueller report? Dems were screaming that things were being hidden, they must have it all and now! A few days back Volker is interviewed for 11 hours. Schiff comes out and releases a few texts but withholds the rest of the transcript which per the Rs shows Volker saying that there was definitely no connection between the Biden corruption ask and aide to Ukraine.

Last edited:

MnplsGopher

Or if resigns and saves everybody the trouble.

Cruze

Fine, then don't hold a vote on impeachment, keep trying to spin and leak and investigate. Yawn.
Ok, I will mark you down as one more Trump groupie who doesn't care what he has done to betray his oath of office and just hopes he gets to keep on doing it.

bottlebass

Main Member
Ok, I will mark you down as one more Trump groupie who doesn't care what he has done to betray his oath of office and just hopes he gets to keep on doing it.
How about the betrayal by the house dems?

It's very easy they could just vote and push all their chips in, make Trump call the bluff. Why aren't they doing it? If this is so blatantly impeachable why don't they do it?

MnplsGopher

That's fair- we have you down for a Karl Marx groupie.
Trump has combated communism in America no more than Obama did. Communism in America is no more alive then as it is now. It hasn’t ever been a thing here, and never will be a thing.

Not under Obama. Not under Trump. Not even under Warren, or even under Sanders.

Trump has combated communism in America no more than Obama did. Communism in America is no more alive then as it is now. It hasn’t ever been a thing here, and never will be a thing.

Not under Obama. Not under Trump. Not even under Warren, or even under Sanders.
It sure is alive on this board

MnplsGopher

How about the betrayal by the house dems?

It's very easy they could just vote and push all their chips in, make Trump call the bluff. Why aren't they doing it? If this is so blatantly impeachable why don't they do it?
#941, #984, #988 are the correct answer.

You ignore them because they destroy this schlocky troll narrative that amuses you.

Latest profile posts