All Things Impeachment Inquiry

Did Democrats get their smoking gun for impeachment?

While you were sleeping, Democrats released a trove of explosive text messages between U.S. diplomats and a senior Ukrainian aide — and boy, they are a doozy. The text messages — which former special envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker turned over to House investigators during his deposition yesterday — outline how senior State Department officials were deeply alarmed that the Trump administration would try to make foreign aid to Ukraine (as well as a White House visit) contingent on efforts to help the president’s reelection campaign. And they also demonstrate how U.S. diplomats were pushing Ukraine to probe Biden and the 2016 election on Trump's behalf.

Here is a highlight of some of the texts:

“I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign,” said Bill Taylor, the chargé d’affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, in a Sept. 9 text message. But Gordon Sondland, U.S. ambassador to the European Union, strongly denied to Taylor that this was Trump’s purpose. Two days later, the foreign aid was released.

Another text between Volker and Andrey Yermak, a top adviser to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, on July 25 — the day of the Trump-Zelenksy call — directly linked a Zelensky visit to Washington to whether the Ukrainians moved ahead with a probe into the 2016 election. Volker said: "Heard from the White House. Assuming President Z convinces [T]rump he will investigate/ 'get to the bottom of what happened in 2016, we will nail down date for visit to Washington."

"I think potus really wants the deliverable," Gordon texted Volker on August 9, when discussing potential meeting dates. Yermak responded with a reference to “Bursima”, the gas company where Joe Biden’s son was a board member. "Once we have a date, will call for a press briefing, announcing upcoming visit and outlining vision for the US-UKRAINE relationship, including among other things Burisma and election meddling in investigations," Yermak texted back.

"Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?" Taylor texted Sondland on September 1. Sondland's response: "Call me,” he texted.

BUT, WAIT THERE’S MORE ... The text messages weren’t the only bombshell stories that dropped last night. Here is a roundup of some of the other important news reports that you don’t want to miss:

— "Trump Ordered Ukraine Ambassador Removed After Complaints From Giuliani, Others," by WSJ’s Rebecca Ballhaus, Mike Bender and Vivian Salama: https://on.wsj.com/30KFvL1.

— "Trump Envoys Pushed Ukraine to Commit to Investigations," per Ken Vogel and Mike Schmidt of the NYT: https://nyti.ms/359jR6z.

—"Trump raised Biden with Xi in June call housed in highly secure server," via Kylie Atwood, Kevin Liptak, Pamela Brown, Jim Sciutto and Gloria Borger: https://cnn.it/2VdNIX5.

— “IRS whistleblower said to report Treasury political appointee might have tried to interfere in audit of Trump or Pence,” from WaPo’s Jeff Stein, Tom Hamburger and Josh Dawsey: https://wapo.st/331SjhK.

Read complete article at: https://www.politico.com/newsletters/huddle/2019/10/04/did-democrats-get-their-smoking-gun-for-impeachment-485397
Gotta give em a minute Cruze, they're still waiting for their talking points from whatever whackjob conservative blog they're consulting these days.

MnplsGopher

Gotta give em a minute Cruze, they're still waiting for their talking points from whatever whackjob conservative blog they're consulting these days.
That's a funny one-liner ........ except it's the exact truth.

They're narrative bots. They don't make up the narratives that they sell on here. They just sell them, from other places.

We'll soon find out why the text messages were fabricated, because Volker has cousins in Ukraine that are under political persecution and Dems promised to help free them. CRG will be on here with the physics equations proving that there was no way those texts could've been sent from that phone at that time, with that level of humidity in the air, and the aurora borealis in full effect over Latvia.

Either that, or just a plain, no-frills denial.

I mean, what are they going to do ... actually concede a point on GH OTB????? Yeah, right. Right after they vote for a Dem.

Last edited:

Section2

Yes, that is worse for Trump. Smoking gun? No, that's not a smoking gun. I've said from the beginning, if there really is extensive evidence on Biden, as Rudy and Soloman have claimed they had this week, then Biden is toast, and Trump won't have done anything wrong in the eyes of the public. Even if he threatened them. If Biden's not guilty and there is no evidence, that's a disaster for Rudy and really bad for Trump, but I still don't think impeachable.

KillerGopherFan

Yeah, it’s amazing what you can do to change the context of a conversation by editing out entire sentences.

The Republicans are calling for the entire testimony to be released. Schiff isn’t willing to release the entire testimony b/c it’s not good for the Dems.

Just like the Dems like the “WB” complaint a lot more than the call transcript.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2019/10/04/volkers-testimony-was-a-huge-flop-n2554180

"What do you do when you realize you’ve lost the day? Release a bunch of picked-over documents at 10:30 p.m. and hope that something sticks," a congressional aide with direct knowledge of Volker's testimony told Townhall. "This is an act of desperation by the Democrats. They know that Volker’s testimony was a huge flop. They're running scared."

MnplsGopher

Yes, that is worse for Trump. Smoking gun? No, that's not a smoking gun. I've said from the beginning, if there really is extensive evidence on Biden, as Rudy and Soloman have claimed they had this week, then Biden is toast, and Trump won't have done anything wrong in the eyes of the public. Even if he threatened them. If Biden's not guilty and there is no evidence, that's a disaster for Rudy and really bad for Trump, but I still don't think impeachable.
Except that the threatening is, you know, illegal?

That's like if your neighbor comes up to you and says "I know your kid stole my kid's toy. You better look around in his room, find it, and get it back to me, or else I'll set your house on fire when you're sleeping".

Cop shows up "Uh sir, we received a complaint that you threatened to murder a whole family?"

And your neighbor says "No it's ok, turns out I was right and he did steal the toy!"

Thank you TrumpBot!

MnplsGopher

Yeah, it’s amazing what you can do to change the context of a conversation by editing out entire sentences.

The Republicans are calling for the entire testimony to be released. Schiff isn’t willing to release the entire testimony b/c it’s not good for the Dems.

Just like the Dems like the “WB” complaint a lot more than the call transcript.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2019/10/04/volkers-testimony-was-a-huge-flop-n2554180

"What do you do when you realize you’ve lost the day? Release a bunch of picked-over documents at 10:30 p.m. and hope that something sticks," a congressional aide with direct knowledge of Volker's testimony told Townhall. "This is an act of desperation by the Democrats. They know that Volker’s testimony was a huge flop. They're running scared."
You mean like releasing a doctored transcript of the call??

Hmm....

MnplsGopher

Can anyone explain why Gordon Sondland, Ambassador to the EU, was providing direction to the Ambassador to Ukraine?
"Dude!! What are you doing?! You can't send texts like that about our illegal activities!! Someone could subpeanoa those or release them!! Call me next time, when you want to talk about our illegal activities! Jeez!!! Classic Ukraine ambassador, amiright??"

Last edited:

Section2

Except that the threatening is, you know, illegal?

That's like if your neighbor comes up to you and says "I know your kid stole my kid's toy. You better look around in his room, find it, and get it back to me, or else I'll set your house on fire when you're sleeping".

Cop shows up "Uh sir, we received a complaint that you threatened to murder a whole family?"

And your neighbor says "No it's ok, turns out I was right and he did steal the toy!"
So what. We've already determined that impeachment doesn't hinge on breaking the law. I'm telling you, the american people are not going to want Trump impeached if he violated some ethics to out the VP of the US using leverage and authority to get an investigator fired who was going to investigate his son's company. 0% chance. Good luck.

MnplsGopher

So what. We've already determined that impeachment doesn't hinge on breaking the law. I'm telling you, the american people are not going to want Trump impeached if he violated some ethics to out the VP of the US using leverage and authority to get an investigator fired who was going to investigate his son's company. 0% chance. Good luck.
Of course it hinges on that. That's the point.

I don't give a s__t what (some) Americans think.

KillerGopherFan

Can anyone explain why Gordon Sondland, Ambassador to the EU, was providing direction to the Ambassador to Ukraine?
Any answer would be speculation without more information. But possibly, Sondland had assumed his position one year prior to Taylor, who only assumed office in June of 2019. Sondland was likely filling the gap of a Ukraine ambassador along with US envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker after the former ambassador was ousted. The former Ukraine ambassador was known to be an anti-Trumper and was likely excluded from any role of importance for some time prior to her ousting in May, 2019.

Section2

Of course it hinges on that. That's the point.

I don't give a s__t what (some) Americans think.
No, it doesn't. In fact, we've spent the week having the left explain that to us, when CRG and others asked what law was broken? Campaign finance laws is what we were told. LOL. We were told you don't need to commit a crime. You can be impeached for lots of things.

MnplsGopher

No, it doesn't. In fact, we've spent the week having the left explain that to us, when CRG and others asked what law was broken? Campaign finance laws is what we were told. LOL. We were told you don't need to commit a crime. You can be impeached for lots of things.
I don't really care what law it is that they dig up and use. Between his illegal use of his office to pressure a foreign country to dig up political dirt, and then trying to cover that up by illegally misusing security servers, we all know he broke (multiple) laws.

I'm good with going forward on impeachment. Let's get on it with it.

Latest profile posts