All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Isaiah Thompson really isn't a PG. He is a SG who is the size of a PG. I think he is a really good depth player because he can play PG in a pinch, he can really shoot the ball and he plays smart. I'd really like for him to be the first guard off the bench and for us to still bring in a true PG. I see him almost in more of a Loewe role. Then again, I don't think Willis is a true PG, so maybe that's Ben's system.

Isaiah Thompson really isn't a PG. He is a SG who is the size of a PG. I think he is a really good depth player because he can play PG in a pinch, he can really shoot the ball and he plays smart. I'd really like for him to be the first guard off the bench and for us to still bring in a true PG. I see him almost in more of a Loewe role. Then again, I don't think Willis is a true PG, so maybe that's Ben's system.
This is correct. He's an excellent depth player who can come in and hit some threes. He's a very good shooter.

So you know which PG we are getting in the portal? I need sources like you!
No I don't... But when I hear impact I don't think of cast offs..... Impact player... That's alot of hype someone who has yet to show any amount of impact

No I don't... But when I hear impact I don't think of cast offs..... Impact player... That's alot of hype someone who has yet to show any amount of impact

But who said the Purdue guard was the "impact PG" being referenced? It seemed like that was a GH assumption being made.

GReat so what guard in the portal the gophers have been linked to would be an instant impact

I can't review this whole thread right now, but I knew there were some other guards in there. My point was, I don't think - other than media speculation - there has been anything definitive

I can't review this whole thread right now, but I knew there were some other guards in there. My point was, I don't think - other than media speculation - there has been anything definitive
Ill save you time... None....

GReat so what guard in the portal the gophers have been linked to would be an instant impact
You keep asking questions that nobody in here can truly answer.

And just because the U hasn't been publicly linked to a player doesn't necessarily mean we are not recruiting them or in the mix for their services.

Ill save you time... None....

So all that matters is we are "linked". You only care if someone tweets that the Gophers are "in the final 20 for X player" and they meet whatever arbitrary standards you have set up for the coach you seem to dislike?

Cool story...

So all that matters is we are "linked". You only care if someone tweets that the Gophers are "in the final 20 for X player" and they meet whatever arbitrary standards you have set up for the coach you seem to dislike?

Cool story...
Linked is where it starts... So yes I do care if a impact player has us in his options... And right now there are zero impact players "linked" to us... My arbitrary standards are B1G caliber players... Hope this clarifies things for you

I mean....kid played 16 minutes per game on a Purdue team that was loaded with guard talent. Maybe "impact" isn't the right word.....but considering the Gophers are going to be inexperienced in the backcourt this year.....I don't think it's completely ridiculous to say that he'd make an immediate impact here.

I mean....kid played 16 minutes per game on a Purdue team that was loaded with guard talent. Maybe "impact" isn't the right word.....but considering the Gophers are going to be inexperienced in the backcourt this year.....I don't think it's completely ridiculous to say that he'd make an immediate impact here.
did Willis return excite people?

I don't remember

did Willis return excite people?

I don't remember

Although I never expected him to have the kind of year he did, I was happy when he announced because we needed another guard and I figured he would be a competent starter anyway.

Top Bottom