All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Why do people post it, without even ALLUDING to where it comes from? Not even posting a source, just saying something like "my brother heard it from the cousin of Garcia's girlfriend".

Say SOMETHING about where it comes from.

Not at all implying that the following is anything more than straight pulling it from my rear (that's all it is).

It would be really, really sad if Garcia made the decision based on the idea of Curry coming back to play for two more seasons, and then that never even happens (he retires, for example).

More details requires access to a paywall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all implying that the following is anything more than straight pulling it from my rear (that's all it is).

It would be really, really sad if Garcia made the decision based on the idea of Curry coming back to play for two more seasons, and then that never even happens (he retires, for example).

I would imagine he wouldn't be concerned about beating out Curry

I would imagine he wouldn't be concerned about beating out Curry

Like I said, from my rear.

Guess I'll find out the reasons soon enough, like most everyone else.

Or I guess you can pay money to "hear it first from some guy in the know, and take his word for it".

So if this true another swing and miss by Pitino with an instate 5 star recruit.

Does it matter? Regardless the optics of continuing to miss out on these guys isn’t a good look.

So if this true another swing and miss by Pitino with an instate 5 star recruit.

Does it matter? Regardless the optics of continuing to miss out on these guys isn’t a good look.

It does not matter...seriously, it doesn't

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You must have better sources then i do as i have not heard a whisper in two days.

Comes from the number 1 b-ball recruiting analyst in the twin cities and matches up with what the IU 247 Hoosier analyst reported this week.

Comes from the number 1 b-ball recruiting analyst in the twin cities and matches up with what the IU 247 Hoosier analyst reported this week.

Who is the number one recruiting analyst? Does he like to keep his name secret?

Rule number one of being in the know is not talking about being in the know.

Rule number one of being in the know is not talking about being in the know.

Obviously the #1 source is talking to a pay site or running it. I just don't get why the name would be secret. That said all of this info could well be right.

keep in mind said #1 source led us to believe all along that we had a legit shot. folks, it's all about selling subscriptions. like tyus before him and so many others, he never truly was coming here. but if paying for sources that say otherwise makes you happy, great.

If this is true, it is completely unacceptable.

Do these rumors have anything to do with the latest recruiting of Dwayne Koroma? Showed up late, and if this Garcia rumor is true, it might explain why all of a sudden Koroma gets an offer. Just a thought.

If this is true, it is completely unacceptable.

Unacceptable? What can Pitino do? Force the locals to stay. No, it's not unacceptable if Garcia comes here. It is unacceptable to not recruit well. Overall he is recruiting pretty well. He needs to continue to have better results.

No excuse to go 0 for 12 on instate kids the last two years especially to some of the schools they are losing out to. Imo Pitino wont make it past this year with a bad year, and he shouldn't. Hope I am wrong.

which could be as simple as one got it from the other and ran with it without any additional corroboration. But no, that couldn't be it

Koroma feels like an interesting prospect to me being a 6’8 guy that can shoot. Not too much information on the kid. Be interesting to see what happens

No excuse to go 0 for 12 on instate kids the last two years especially to some of the schools they are losing out to. Imo Pitino wont make it past this year with a bad year, and he shouldn't. Hope I am wrong.

So how much more you want Pitino to work to get garcia? Worked his ass off. Made him priority #1. If he doesnt want to come here fine let's move on. Weve made tourney 2 out of 3 years. If the guy wants to go to a program that's been brutal the last so many years go have at it. We as a program have players that are pretty dam good. We move on. Good luck to garcia. Sorry you wont make tourney and were gonna beat you lol too bad you dont realize what could have been! Archie Miller and langford =total failure

Pitino has done absolutely fine on the recruiting trail; i'm getting pretty damn tired of listening to people complain constantly about losing out on in-state recruits. Kids will go where they want. A couple years ago, Pitino pulled in 3 top in-state kids, because they WANTED to play at the U. The 12 you note in the past 2 years did not want to stay home - so be it. Try to get past this hang up over in-state kids. Pitino is getting talent from all over the country - try to embrace that for once.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Depressing if true. We have some nice players but need a stud at PF to go along with Oturu, Gabe, Carr and Willis. Would be a great lineup with Garcia and a nice bench to boot.

Stupid.

I'll know every detail shortly enough, when it's published in newspapers or other online free sources.
Well unlike you I respect the fact that people make a living off their work from the paywalls and I am not going to spread their work for free. I'm especially not going to do it for a coward who couldn't take his gopher hole ban like a man.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Like I said, from my rear.

Guess I'll find out the reasons soon enough, like most everyone else.

Or I guess you can pay money to "hear it first from some guy in the know, and take his word for it".
It literally cost less for your first month than vending machine Cheetos. You could pay for it with the change under your carseat

Well unlike you I respect the fact that people make a living off their work from the paywalls and I am not going to spread their work for free. I'm especially not going to do it for a coward who couldn't take his gopher hole ban like a man.

Who is the source? Where does one go to pay?

Some genius deduced that Since Garcia was not likely coming here, combined with the fact that Pitino just offered another big...therefore Garcia must have told Pitino that the Gophs were out....and decided to put this out for the paying rubes who think they have some inside info.... In the event that Garcia does wind up here the the genius will say that the had a last minute change of heart and the rubes will be elated

Top Bottom