All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Parcival

Good lord...find some salt and take it with whatever psychotropic drugs you are on.

That said, I don't think we get Garcia.
Psychotropic drugs? That's oddly specific... I think I can guess what you've been doing on your weekends.

And your opinion on Garcia is quite clear.

Garcia would have to hate Pitino to not commit to the Gophers. We are a sweet sixteen team without him and potentially a final four team with him.

A starting spot waiting for him day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bordergopher

Garcia would have to hate Pitino to not commit to the Gophers. We are a sweet sixteen team without him and potentially a final four team with him.

A starting spot waiting for him day 1.

I get your point, but I don’t see hate as the possible reason. You are correct that this has set up to be a GREAT situation for him. Start day one on a good team. By all accounts, he likes Pitino (that’s just heresay). I really hope (and still think there is a good chance) he stays home.

If he doesn’t, I think the reason could be one of three: 1. Simply wants an away-from-home experience, 2. Blinded by the bright lights of “bigger-name” schools with more historical success, or 3. Listens too much to peers and recruiters who might have negative comments about the Gophers.

Let’s hope Dawson realizes that 1. MN is a GREAT place to be, compared with any other city, or country for that matter. I know, I’ve been all over the US and almost 30 countries. 2. While it is true we haven’t had the high-level success of many schools recently, with Garcia in the fold, we are on the cusp of changing that , and 3. Negativity causes ulcers and upset stomach and flatulence. Don’t listen to the Negative Nancy’s of the world, commit to the Gophers!

UpAndUnder43

I have heard Garcia spends MOST of his time in Minnesota. Hard to believe that is a coincidence. I see him committing here because why else is he constantly in the state????

bga1

There is something on Rivals that says Garcia narrowed his list to 4 schools last night. Anybody know which those are?
Memphis, Marquette, Indiana, Minnesota

Memphis has two PFs incoming this fall- one transfer and DJ Jeffries #52 recruit . They are also after Muscadin and another 5* PF

Last edited:

Slim Tubby

Thanks! Those are the ones I would have guessed (obviously due to the visits). I hate to be too optimistic, but I really like our chances against those four.
I suppose it's always possible that Dawson spurns the hometown team and commits to the Gopherhole but I see that as a longshot. :)

WriterGoph

Memphis, Marquette, Indiana, Minnesota

Memphis has two PFs incoming this fall- one transfer and DJ Jeffries #52 recruit . They are also after Muscadin and another 5* PF
I thought I read that Marquette also got a couple forward commits? It may come down to us and Indiana

Slim Tubby

If we lose Garcia to Indy or Marquette, that would be a real kick to the marbles. I keep hoping every time I visit to see the headline that reads “Garcia cancels visit to Indiana and commits to the Gophers”. [emoji16]

If we lose Garcia to Indy or Marquette, that would be a real kick to the marbles. I keep hoping every time I visit to see the headline that reads “Garcia cancels visit to Indiana and commits to the Gophers”. [emoji16]

It would be a tough blow considering our potential next season with Garcia, but if he does choose to go elsewhere it is safe to say the Gophers have done basically everything they can except paying him under the table to get him to come here. Hopefully the hometown draw and immediate playing time will be enough. Not sure what Indiana can offer other than history.

Latest profile posts