All Things Dawson Garcia Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020): UPDATED: Gophers Offered

Would we take both Garcia and Mitchell? Always seems kind of interesting on visits like this -- are they potentially future teammates, or are they both interviewing to fill one available slot?
You absolutely take them both, if they both want to commit. Garcia is a top 30 recruit and can play the 4 and 5. He's not just a center.

builtbadgers

Being hopeful. No real rumors. Just chatter from excitable fans. Couple of interesting things.

Dawson going to homecoming instead of Hoosier hysteria:
https://twitter.com/hoosierhystrcs/status/1176954776979828736?s=21

https://twitter.com/samueltstory/status/1176134234139963393?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the minority but I think Garcia will commit here. the staff has done a marvelous job making him a priority. Blue bloods and other elite programs did nit do that and several did not even offer.

jovs

Would we take both Garcia and Mitchell? Always seems kind of interesting on visits like this -- are they potentially future teammates, or are they both interviewing to fill one available slot?
You could go small ball, spread the offense out, open up the lanes, shoot three's with Ihnen, Mitchell, and Garcia, oop's they are 6'9" and 6'"10, not so small.

bc2211

In the minority but I think Garcia will commit here. the staff has done a marvelous job making him a priority. Blue bloods and other elite programs did nit do that and several did not even offer.
Don’t go getting me excited Built!

builtbadgers

Don’t go getting me excited Built!

Just reading tee leaves, that is all there is. The Gophers have been all in from the start and are still in. Others never got in, others have been dropped and others are in trouble, still others have a starter at that spot.

alchemy2u

You could go small ball, spread the offense out, open up the lanes, shoot three's with Ihnen, Mitchell, and Garcia, oop's they are 6'9" and 6'"10, not so small.
Just think of the versatility of having such athletic big men, we could really make a lotta noise.

Then adding Chet, we would have to start our own numbering system...

Garcia is alternating between the 12 and 34 spots so far with Mitchell playing the 47 and 15, while Chet has slide over to the 26. This is giving Duke some real match up problems, they just don’t know how to respond, similar to what Minnesota did to Kentucky a day ago....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just think of the versatility of having such athletic big men, we could really make a lotta noise.

Then adding Chet, we would have to start our own numbering system...

Garcia is alternating between the 12 and 34 spots so far with Mitchell playing the 47 and 15, while Chet has slide over to the 26. This is giving Duke some real match up problems, they just don’t know how to respond, similar to what Minnesota did to Kentucky a day ago....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
...and there it is! Duke has conceded the game to the Gophers 10 minutes into the game! The Duke players and coaches are walking off the court with their heads hung in shame.

So any word on Dawson’s OV count? Because if 247 is to be believed, Memphis would be his fifth and last official visit after OVing (according to them) to Texas, Baylor, Marquette, Minnesota and now Memphis. Remember there was talk about him seeing Indiana and I imagine he’ll get out to Arizona at some point but those would be unofficial visits. Arizona to me is still the one to worry about but he may not have as quick of a path to playing time as he would here if Zeke doesn’t go pro and with former 5* Jordan Brown transferring in. I feel good about the Gophers chances especially if they can seal the deal with a couple of these guys coming to visit in the next few weeks.

WriterGoph

So any word on Dawson’s OV count? Because if 247 is to be believed, Memphis would be his fifth and last official visit after OVing (according to them) to Texas, Baylor, Marquette, Minnesota and now Memphis. Remember there was talk about him seeing Indiana and I imagine he’ll get out to Arizona at some point but those would be unofficial visits. Arizona to me is still the one to worry about but he may not have as quick of a path to playing time as he would here if Zeke doesn’t go pro and with former 5* Jordan Brown transferring in. I feel good about the Gophers chances especially if they can seal the deal with a couple of these guys coming to visit in the next few weeks.
Someone on here posted that players can take 5 officials during their junior year and 5 their senior year under the new rules. Not sure if that's true or not, but if so, guessing all those previous ones were junior year visits?

Someone on here posted that players can take 5 officials during their junior year and 5 their senior year under the new rules. Not sure if that's true or not, but if so, guessing all those previous ones were junior year visits?
I can’t find anything on that but it’d make more sense. From what I’ve looked up, the only change I’ve seen is that Juniors can take OVs now which is why Dawson was able to take the Texas, Baylor and Marquette OVs earlier this year but it’s still limited to five. I wonder whether those three visits were actually officials because apparently Garcia’s plan is to make three more visits and then decide in November/sign early.

WriterGoph

Hadn't seen this quote or update on Garcia's visit last weekend. Its from the Mashburn visit article in the Strib online now:

"Last weekend, the Gophers had four-star 6-10 Chicago Bloom forward Martice Mitchell and five-star 6-11 Prior Lake forward Dawson Garcia on official visits. Garcia told Prep Hoops national analyst Ryan James that he would decide this fall after taking three more officials, including Memphis this weekend.

Garcia did enjoy his visit with the home state program.

"I have always been cool with this coaching staff,” Garcia told James. “But going to Coach Pitino's house and being around his family, I just felt super comfortable. Being around that family environment, I just felt at home really."

I like what I'm hearing here!

Latest profile posts