All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

So much for him, I guess now it's Garcia or bust!

Not too surprising since they cancelled his visit. Go all out to land Garcia or Walton and if you dont get them save the scholarship for the late signing period where Pitino has done well.

Not too surprising since they cancelled his visit. Go all out to land Garcia or Walton and if you dont get them save the scholarship for the late signing period where Pitino has done well.

Really hoping that Pitino has been getting some kind of positive feedback from Garcia and/or Walton that is not public.

Its also odd that we haven't heard about any further visits for Walton with two weekends to go until his UNC visit. I would think he is scheduling another 1-2

Really hoping that Pitino has been getting some kind of positive feedback from Garcia and/or Walton that is not public.

Its also odd that we haven't heard about any further visits for Walton with two weekends to go until his UNC visit. I would think he is scheduling another 1-2

Could mean it's one of Berry/Mashburn and then Garcia. Because Walton has indicated he wants to play out of state or that's the vibe they are getting. Or, it could all just be we got options, no rush, but we might be out of scholarships.. No idea...

Berry commits to NW. Seems like a good player and a good kid. Wish we had the room to take him, would’ve loved to see him on the Gophers. I’m sure he’ll do well at NW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No surprise with Berry, but would be real let down if mash goes elsewhere

No surprise with Berry, but would be real let down if mash goes elsewhere

Like I mentioned earlier, the timing on this is not a coincidence. Berry was told Mashburn was taking the spot.

Like I mentioned earlier, the timing on this is not a coincidence. Berry was told Mashburn was taking the spot.

Yeah it feels like that is the case. I wonder if Berry would have picked the Gophers knowing he wasn't the first choice?

Mashburn Jr is set to commit on 11/14. Not sure if that is in this thread.

Yes. Seems fairly obvious that Mashburn is our guy. That would cap off a couple nice recruiting weks. If we don't land Garcia (I am hopeful we will), I'd be inclined to hold the final scholarship for the spring when a lot of good players are available, but less options for them (increased odds).

Mashburn Jr is set to commit on 11/14. Not sure if that is in this thread.

Incorrect, he is announcing on Thursday. Zagoria corrected himself today after he realized his error. I would be shocked at this point of he doesn't choose the Gophers.

Pitino is also firmly in the mix for Garcia. I haven't heard anything out of PL to indicate otherwise. It'll be a long few weeks since he's visiting Indiana Oct. 25-27, but I'm confident he'll be a Gopher when it's all said and done.

Incorrect, he is announcing on Thursday. Zagoria corrected himself today after he realized his error. I would be shocked at this point of he doesn't choose the Gophers.

Pitino is also firmly in the mix for Garcia. I haven't heard anything out of PL to indicate otherwise. It'll be a long few weeks since he's visiting Indiana Oct. 25-27, but I'm confident he'll be a Gopher when it's all said and done.

Nice. Have you heard if he is scheduling any other visits than IU?

I thought he corrected himself to say October 14th, instead of November 14th. Now you heard tomorrow?

I thought he corrected himself to say October 14th, instead of November 14th. Now you heard tomorrow?

I just went and looked, Zagoria did indeed say Oct 14th. So Monday, not Thursday, unless someone has more current info from elsewhere. But Zagoria posting earlier today saying Oct 14 seems like it's probably correct.

Sweet. I was just basing it off Mashburns 247 page. Y’all got intense.

If you’re a top player and you’re pretty sure you know where you want to go .... do you still take all your official visits anyway ... like just for fun?

If you’re a top player and you’re pretty sure you know where you want to go .... do you still take all your official visits anyway ... like just for fun?

I'd say the majority of kids do...and also to confirm they're making the right choice. Probably good to compare what you're feeling at different schools

Is there any indication that we are still in on Walton? Seems like that recruitment stopped quickly.

I'd say the majority of kids do...and also to confirm they're making the right choice. Probably good to compare what you're feeling at different schools

I have a few coworkers who were D1 athletes and asked them about this the other day. One of them was for sure going to Iowa to wrestle, took officials to Iowa, Nebraska, OK State, Penn St and Minnesota, just because it was all free. Ended up at Minnesota. So yeah, I think you might as well take some visits just to confirm what you think you know.

Ok...so pipe dream here.

Mitchell is committed. Mashburn is coming, no doubt in my over-confident mind.

That leaves "one" scholarship.

I think we have a very legit chance at Garcia and Walton. I see a path to an open scholarship for one of them if necessary. Not saying Richard kicks a dude out BUT I could see someone leaving to make that spot open.

Top Bottom