All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Assuming you meant "can" shoot it outside?

I think you are right there. What I like about Mitchell is that it wasn’t long ago he was more of a guard. Fast growth changed that, but he supposedly has some quickness, good handles and a decent shot for a tall guy. I like that formula in theory. I hope Garcia and Mitchell connected on the visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like 2pm tomorrow for Mitchell. Anyone got a real scouting report on him? How would he fit with what’s coming back for next year?

To be determined. Fans need to be patient with him. Nice prospect.

I think you are right there. What I like about Mitchell is that it wasn’t long ago he was more of a guard. Fast growth changed that, but he supposedly has some quickness, good handles and a decent shot for a tall guy. I like that formula in theory. I hope Garcia and Mitchell connected on the visit.

Versatility! That is the name of the game. He will just take some time for his game to adjust to his new stature.

I’m really intrigued and excited about the possibility of adding long wings. Defensively it will make us really tough defensively and every guy we seem to be in on can shoot it outside. A lot of 3 and D wing types.

Yeah, Murphy is easily one of my favorite Gophers ever, but I am looking forward to seeing what this team looks like with PFs who can stretch the floor.

Watching film of him from 2 years ago compared to recent film, it looks like there could be a really nice trajectory for him. Will definitely need to put on some weight. Would be great start to the class!

Hmmm, guard from the Chicago area who had an extreme growth spurt that turned him into more of a skilled big... why does that sound familiar? Anyone seen his eyebrow(s)?

I know his "scoops" are largely a joke, but Doogie has typically been a positive gopher supporter. but man he has been salty and pouty lately. He's already trying to diminish a possible Mitchell commit because according to him Xavier backed off, so that means Mitchell is not good. Also somehow WI having 3 '21 commits makes him bad?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Doesn't sound like he knows anything about Mitchell other than Xavier backed off. Xavier just had him in for an official visit last month so that is kind of strange. I like Doogie's podcast as it is on the radio when I am driving home from work on Friday's, but he is a total idiot sometimes.

Doesn't sound like he knows anything about Mitchell other than Xavier backed off. Xavier just had him in for an official visit last month so that is kind of strange. I like Doogie's podcast as it is on the radio when I am driving home from work on Friday's, but he is a total idiot sometimes.

Possible they backed off,who cares. IF we want him and he wants to be here then that is all that matters. I just hope fans are patient as he has a ways to go to be a rotation Big 10 guy, almost always true for anyone that size. Not everyone is a star on great teams. You need guys that may be able to guard two positions minimum, guys that get 7 points and 7 rebounds. Would love to use a redshirt here.

I know his "scoops" are largely a joke, but Doogie has typically been a positive gopher supporter. but man he has been salty and pouty lately. He's already trying to diminish a possible Mitchell commit because according to him Xavier backed off, so that means Mitchell is not good. Also somehow WI having 3 '21 commits makes him bad?

That last twitter post by Doogie is incredibly stupid. Who gives a **** if Wisconsin has 2021 commits. Last I checked the 2020 early signing date is November 13th. Good chance we have at least Mitchell and Mashburn locked up by then.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

That last twitter post by Doogie is incredibly stupid. Who gives a **** if Wisconsin has 2021 commits. Last I checked the 2020 early signing date is November 13th. Good chance we have at least Mitchell and Mashburn locked up by then.

Doogie's guy was Ben Johnson (he was a lot of people's "guy"). I love Ben and would welcome him back, but not in place of Jeter or Lindsted honestly. I think Doogie is upset cause Jeter and Lindsted won't give him dirt. Mitchell is a great prospect. We have guys ahead of him and we have some young depth. Worth taking a flier on a kid once a few others came off the board for us. Truly cannot evaluate a class until it's done which will be next spring.

Are we really surprised that Doogie is saying something dumb? He would spin it the other way if he committed to Xavier over us.

Are we really surprised that Doogie is saying something dumb? He would spin it the other way if he committed to Xavier over us.

Right lol. If Garcia commits here, it will only be because he never got that Duke offer, right doogie?!

Doogie seems like an ok guy and has a good gig BUT.

When is the last time he had a Scoop? Right or wrong? His podcast is all interviews. How many times can you interview irrelevant Mike Tice or Glenn Taylor? He interviewed Hildenberger down the stretch on his show. Great get! Buddy Boshers must of been booked. Marks the NBA guy is his best guest other than that B list guests that fill time.

So called Scoop podcast is filled interviews some more than a week old. Good gig decent guy but he is Scoopless.

He visited Xavier a week before here. And Xavier has "cooled" in him? Sounds like his Xavier contact thinks he lost Mitchell to his former employer/team and is bitter about it.

Doogie is not an ok guy. He literally gained nothing with those tweets except helping his contact Ben save face

Doogie is an idiot. I would guess that Mitchell wasn't enthusiastic about his visit to Xavier and they know it. What is Ben going to tell his buddy, that the kid didn't like it there, or that they decided to back off?

A real SCOOP would be to find out if Xavier pulled their offer if yes then they backed off. That’s my point dude rarely steps out on a limb. Non committal dude

They cared enough to have him on an official two weeks ago. So they def wanted him recently. Seems like another poster said, Doogie is saving face for his source.

Either way, I'd be psyched on Mitchell. Love the ballhandling, athleticism, outside shot and length. Weight can be added, but sometimes it's impossible to teach a big some of those other skills successfully.

No kidding, doesn't matter when a player commits they can't play until they graduate high school, everyone is impressed by Wisconsin but if you take a step back you'd realize it really isn't anything special, just a bunch 100-150 rated guys, it's been the type of guys we been getting forever and we usually have top 100 guy sprinkled in here and there, they got none.Their class ranking is skewed because of the number of recruits and how early in the process it is right now.

I'll take the 247 and rivals guys evaluations over a guy thats never seen him play in Doogie. 4 star on both sites and everyone thats seen him play says he has massive upside. Seems like a great start to the class to me.

Doogie is a total dink. How many times did he run with the stupid "only reason Amir is a Gopher is that Hoiberg left ISU" bit? This is a similar situation.

Doogie sucks. He’s access journalism at its worse. ****ing takes swipes at the teams he reports on if they don’t give him insider news to report. Total BS and should ruin his credibility. Don’t ****ing editorialize Doogie when you don’t know ****. A fan says “this will be a great signing” and he responds “its good not great.” He doesn’t know anything about this recruit. Honestly screw him. And then he whines saying it’s a game of semantics. He’s the one who opined on **** he doesn’t know about.

Doogie is a snake. Don’t give him the clicks

I find it hilarious a reporter* doesn't want to debate semantics, "the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning." 'Cuz why the hell should a journalist be concerned with linguistics, logic or meaning?

* Yeah, I know he's a TV reporter, which sets an incredibly low bar. But still.

JTG

What time is the Mitchell announcement this afternoon?

Top Bottom