All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

lol he doesn't seem to think so either

It is an interesting dynamic with Mitchell and Garcia in at the same time. Both 4's. Obviously Garcia is ahead of Mitchell at this point. So perhaps Mitchell is a guy who would get playing time more as he grows into it while Garcia can be plugged in as a starter right away. Garcia may only be a two year guy anyway? I assume the coaches wouldn't bring them in together unless there is a possibility they would take both.

It is an interesting dynamic with Mitchell and Garcia in at the same time. Both 4's. Obviously Garcia is ahead of Mitchell at this point. So perhaps Mitchell is a guy who would get playing time more as he grows into it while Garcia can be plugged in as a starter right away. Garcia may only be a two year guy anyway? I assume the coaches wouldn't bring them in together unless there is a possibility they would take both.

Maybe to get a sense of whether they would play together. I have no idea on dynamics of visits, but I would think staff would try to get guys they think fit together in at the same time if they can.

Odd the guy responds telling the world he isn't a center. Must have struck a cord. Maybe Garcia is 3-4 guy, and Mitchell is solid 4 and that's what they are sold on.

Yeah not sure why players go out of their way to make that point. A good coach is going to put them in the best position to succeed regardless of position they are labeled, but maybe he just feels there is a stigma that comes with being labeled a center meaning his game is limited.

Yeah not sure why players go out of their way to make that point. A good coach is going to put them in the best position to succeed regardless of position they are labeled, but maybe he just feels there is a stigma that comes with being labeled a center meaning his game is limited.

Or maybe he is tired of "reporters" not knowing what they are talking about by placing him in a position he doesn't play.

Or maybe he is tired of "reporters" not knowing what they are talking about by placing him in a position he doesn't play.

Recruiting sites list players at what position they are projected to play in college, not necessarily what they play currently.

Recruiting sites list players at what position they are projected to play in college, not necessarily what they play currently.

Projected by whom? Obviously, projections may vary. I guess the main point here is that he doesn’t consider himself a typical center. That fits well into Pitino’s desire to get versatile players that can move around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After watching this workout video of Martice and seeing some of that ballhandling ability....temperature is rising to get him in gold!

CHECK THIS: https://twitter.com/tice23_/status/1053633075836604416

This kid would be a good get. Moves very well for a big man - a lineup of Omersa, Oturu, and Mitchell would have some serious length. Also looks like Mitchell has got some bounce and a serviceable jumper.

Last edited:

This kid would be a good get. Moves very well for a big man - a lineup of Omersa, Oturu, and Mitchell would have some serious length. Also looks like Mitchell has got some bounce and a serviceable jumper.

Martice hit a growth spurt before his sophomore year. Before that he was a guard

i didn’t think he was going to commit this early into his scheduled visits. Any insight on how his visit went?

I don't think it should be a surprise that he is going to take more - if not all - his visits. Have to wait this one out I imagine

Top Bottom