All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

I'm talking about two specific players who grew up in the Cities and have a list of big time offers out of the state, plus another who is known going to Gonzaga.

Lol okay. Again, my point still applies. It doesn't matter which local kid we're talking about. Saying that our only possible chance is if NCAA sanctions helps us is incorrect. Everyone has different preferences and priorities. I highly doubt that you have any clue what theirs are.

Lol okay. Again, my point still applies. It doesn't matter which local kid we're talking about. Saying that our only possible chance is if NCAA sanctions helps us is incorrect. Everyone has different preferences and priorities. I highly doubt that you have any clue what theirs are.

Okay ... but that was literally my post #1246.

My post #1254 that you replied to was just me explaining why I think in some cases, like these two players, we don't have a chance.

It is logical and valid to say that I don't think we have a chance on some specific players, while it also being true that it's not universally the case. I never said or implied that it is.

My post #1254 that you replied to was just me explaining why I think in some cases, like these two players, we don't have a chance.

It is logical and valid to say that I don't think we have a chance on some specific players, while it also being true that it's not universally the case. I never said or implied that it is.

Can you two just get a room please

Its logical and valid to say that we don't have a chance, but then when you back it up with illogical points it makes it....wait for it....illogical.

You weren't even saying anything of substance about the two originally, you just spouted off that you don't think any of those guys we were referring to will come, which is fine. But its still pretty stupid to back it up with oh just because they are from here and want go experience things. Do you know those kids? Because we were specifically talking about a few.

Its logical and valid to say that we don't have a chance, but then when you back it up with illogical points it makes it....wait for it....illogical.

You weren't even saying anything of substance about the two originally, you just spouted off that you don't think any of those guys we were referring to will come, which is fine. But its still pretty stupid to back it up with oh just because they are from here and want go experience things. Do you know those kids? Because we were specifically talking about a few.

I was talking about those two (plus Suggs), because they seem to be the highest, uncommited players that are "warm", from here: https://247sports.com/college/minnesota/Season/2020-Basketball/Offers/

Why is it illogical to want to go live somewhere else than Minnesota, when you've grown up in Minnesota your whole life. That is the opposite of illogical.

Muscadin backup plan, still looks to be a solid player though!

Checked out his video. Looks very athletic. Needs to see add some weight (just like Oturu). Can't tell what outside shot he has, but has some handles and seems quick for a big man. Would def be a good second option if we can't get Muscadin.

Checked out his video. Looks very athletic. Needs to see add some weight (just like Oturu). Can't tell what outside shot he has, but has some handles and seems quick for a big man. Would def be a good second option if we can't get Muscadin.

He started playing as a guard then grew a lot before his sophomore year. He says he still has his guard skills.

Martice: “I think that makes me a lot different,” he said. “I feel like I can do a lot of good things people my height or taller can’t do. Being nimble and agile, I can move quicker than other players. I work on that a lot with my trainer and my strength coach. I work on my flexibility, my feet mobility, my handle and my shooting.”

Last edited:

Why do mods delete posts that are simply pointing out posters who talk illogically and highjack threads? It takes the thread where people don't want it to go.

If we fall through on Walton, Gordon would be a nice signing in place of him as a bigger 2/3

If we fall through on Walton, Gordon would be a nice signing in place of him as a bigger 2/3

Will be interesting to see if he reschedules his visit here. I believe it was originally supposed to be last weekend, but he had to cancel for a funeral.

Will be interesting to see if he reschedules his visit here. I believe it was originally supposed to be last weekend, but he had to cancel for a funeral.

I had read they were planning to reschedule for next week sometime, haven't seen any updates on an exact date or confirmation of that though.

It is highly unlikely we know what any of them prioritize. The ones that commit early we know exactly what they wanted. The rest wait to decide based on several factors, playing time, winning, who the best coach is for them, program history, academics, climate, past alumni, present team make up, future teammates ,Title opportunities, relationships, little city, big city and on and on. Many have talked to each other about the coaches and programs they like the most, many like brand. They all have been all over.

Interesting development that Pitino saw Muscadin today.

Dawson Garcia posted on his Instagram tonight that he's doing an official visit to Minnesota this weekend, his first official. That's a huge, huge development for Pitino and Co.

Dawson Garcia posted on his Instagram tonight that he's doing an official visit to Minnesota this weekend, his first official. That's a huge, huge development for Pitino and Co.

A highly rated Minnesota recruit taking an official to the U. Garcia is definitely interested.

Holy sh*t. This is big. Dawson is definitely not another Jones or Matthew Hurt just keeping us on his list to avoid rocking the boat.

Holy sh*t. This is big. Dawson is definitely not another Jones or Matthew Hurt just keeping us on his list to avoid rocking the boat.

Comon Dawson, commit and I'll name my new dog after you (wonder if even that's legal in today's NCAA recruiting rules...).

A 2020 starting line up of Oturu/Garcia/Ihnen/Gabe/Carr would be insane. Our bench depth as well. If we could add Walton or Mashburn or Berry and goodness talk about depth.

It’s his first official correct? I wouldn’t get too excited about a commitment.

247 lists an official to Marquette in feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is always the chance he could commit this weekend. If not, he will set visits to Indiana and others. I am in the minority and think there is a good chance he wants to play for the hometown team.

Top Bottom