All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Did you hear something recently besides the fact that he allegedly cancelled his remaining visits?

That's basically it, but cancelling your remaining officials is a pretty big indicator you are close to a commitment

So Muscadine, Walton, Garcia, Berry and Mashburn all seem to a have high level of MN interest, and are all “Plan A” guys. That has me still very hopeful we can get a couple of them.

Two questions for all of you smart guys: 1. Who would be the top 3-4 “Plan B” guys if all five Plan A guys go elsewhere? 2. How good are the Plan B guys? Would we be jumping off cliffs, or clanking glasses together in celebration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not one of the smart guys but these are names that come to mind.....

Mashburn is also A.

B guys- Oden, Gordon, Sibley

Suggs is D- as in dream

We have missed out on a lot of guys, but the guys who remain are better than the misses. So there is that.

So Muscadine, Walton, Garcia, Berry and Mashburn all seem to a have high level of MN interest, and are all “Plan A” guys. That has me still very hopeful we can get a couple of them.

Two questions for all of you smart guys: 1. Who would be the top 3-4 “Plan B” guys if all five Plan A guys go elsewhere? 2. How good are the Plan B guys? Would we be jumping off cliffs, or clanking glasses together in celebration?

1. I think the Mitchells and even DJ Gordons may be plan B guys. Here is one thing that Pitino has proven to be pretty adept too. He's a good spring recruiter. I like having our classes filled early, but he is one I trust a little more if we strike out and need to reassess in the spring. Also seeing coaches being fired reopens a lot of guys. This staff has guys on their radar I'm sure.

I'm not that smart, but If were able to secure Gordon (instead of berry/mashburn) and Mitchell (instead of muscadin) as plan b/c guys I don't think that would be too bad. Also if Sibley is our plan b to Garcia, that is a really good plan b. I feel like they have positioned themselves pretty well with this class, so unless all top options fall though they should be good.

Is there a limit to the amount of officials a recruit can do? He is going to visit Louisville, which will be his fifth. But it also states in the article he is figuring out his final visit

Pretty confident they are limited to 5 junior year and 5 senior year, so not sure about that then

I am wondering if Pitino thinks that the skill sets of Muscadin and Garcia would fit so that they could play together? A super long and athletic front court that can shoot!

A 4/5 combo of Garcia and Oturu next year would be unreal!

I totally agree. The roster we have is a match made in heaven for Garcia. A chance to play alongside a true center who is also a future NBA player would really give Garcia a chance to shine on a potentially great team. Imagine a front line of Oturu, Garcia and Ihnen with Carr and Gabe! Yipes- tough to get inside against that length and athleticism!

I totally agree. The roster we have is a match made in heaven for Garcia. A chance to play alongside a true center who is also a future NBA player would really give Garcia a chance to shine on a potentially great team. Imagine a front line of Oturu, Garcia and Ihnen with Carr and Gabe! Yipes- tough to get inside against that length and athleticism!

Hopefully Pitino is able to convince Garcia of the same thing!

Oh what could possibly be:

C - Oturu
PF - Garcia
SF - Kalscheur
SG - Walton
PG - Carr

That line-up brings athleticism, tough inside and perimeter defense along with excellent outside shooting. Four (4) MN kids starting that could win the Big Ten title and make a long run in the tourney. Now all we need to do is hire Miller away from AZ to handle the checkbook and grab Self to oversee the entire process.

As of Saturday i think Mashburn is 75% or better to be a Gopher. I think it is less than 50% on Muscadin as i think Texas Tech is the favorite.

As of Saturday i think Mashburn is 75% or better to be a Gopher. I think it is less than 50% on Muscadin as i think Texas Tech is the favorite.

Hard to turn TT down right now.

Starting to feel a bit like in zero dark thirty when chastain writes the number of days on Kyle chandler’s office window
I thinks it’s been just over 100 days since greenlee committed. Cmon coach, get em

Hard to turn TT down right now.

I have been wrong on these a hundred times over the years but would be very surprised if Mashburn did not go to Minnesota. More than whispers now. Just seems on Muscadin that KSU, Louisville and TT are in good shape. What is interesting is if it comes down to college city versus bigger city than it becomes a two horse race. Top 150's going off the board rapidly and a top 40 kid adding one more school after cutting one.

I have been wrong on these a hundred times over the years but would be very surprised if Mashburn did not go to Minnesota. More than whispers now. Just seems on Muscadin that KSU, Louisville and TT are in good shape. What is interesting is if it comes down to college city versus bigger city than it becomes a two horse race. Top 150's going off the board rapidly and a top 40 kid adding one more school after cutting one.

Mash would be welcome news. Think his ratings accurately reflect his ability?

Muscadin would be nice, but I see he’s getting a lot of attention lately (Memphis just offered, right?).

Muscadin would be nice, but I see he’s getting a lot of attention lately (Memphis just offered, right?).

I do think he is a top 100 player. At this point unique in that he is a undersized 2-combo on offense and a short one defender. However, he is strong and has something i have not seen here in along time and that is the ability and the willingness to get low and wide.

I do think he is a top 100 player. At this point unique in that he is a undersized 2-combo on offense and a short one defender. However, he is strong and has something i have not seen here in along time and that is the ability and the willingness to get low and wide.

Appreciate the insight. Hopefully a willing, if undersized, defender.

If he is truly a top 100 player then size will not matter and will be a very exciting commitment.

I too would love to see Muscadin here from what little I’ve read and heard, but those competing for his services are a pretty solid bunch of schools. Not that there isn’t a chance but I’m not feeling good about getting him.

With legitimate depth. A new feeling.

Top Bottom