All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

Maybe it's because I don't feel like I heard or read much about Sibley's visit, but I am not as optimistic on him as I am on Mitchell, Mashburn, Berry or even Garcia.
Speaking of Mitchell I thought that it was interesting that he said they told him that he would be more of a wing type. Appears to have solid handles as I guess he has grown quite a bit over the last few years.

WriterGoph

Speaking of Mitchell I thought that it was interesting that he said they told him that he would be more of a wing type. Appears to have solid handles as I guess he has grown quite a bit over the last few years.
I think with this large roster turnover Pitino is making his move to follow the Beilein model at Michigan: stack the roster with long wings who can ideally shoot it from outside, but always have at least 4 shooters on the floor. They have been a factory over there as of late with Wagner, Teske, Iggy, Matthews, Livers, etc.

It looks like we are obviously recruiting Garcia with the same strategy.

“It’s just down to Cal and Minnesota,” (Mashburn Jr.) told the Star Tribune earlier this week. “Those are pretty much my main two I’ll be focusing on. After this Minnesota visit, I’ll sit down with my dad and have a long discussion about the pros and cons. The good and the bad to each program. Both are great programs with Pac-12 competition and Big Ten competition. I just have to make the right decision for myself and really think about it.”

Dancing gopher after the weekend?

JimmyJamesMD

“It’s just down to Cal and Minnesota,” (Mashburn Jr.) told the Star Tribune earlier this week. “Those are pretty much my main two I’ll be focusing on. After this Minnesota visit, I’ll sit down with my dad and have a long discussion about the pros and cons. The good and the bad to each program. Both are great programs with Pac-12 competition and Big Ten competition. I just have to make the right decision for myself and really think about it.”

Dancing gopher after the weekend?
No Wake huh? Cal is a good school, I'd say its 50/50

Was it Berry who was down to us and NW? Seems like things have been very quiet with him lately. Maybe Pitino told him that Mashburn gets first call?

WriterGoph

Was it Berry who was down to us and NW? Seems like things have been very quiet with him lately. Maybe Pitino told him that Mashburn gets first call?
That is what I was speculating earlier in this thread...basically that it seems like maybe Berry's offer isn't commitable until after Mashburn visits or at least Pitino told him he had to hold off until a certain date.

That is what I was speculating earlier in this thread...basically that it seems like maybe Berry's offer isn't commitable until after Mashburn visits or at least Pitino told him he had to hold off until a certain date.
Berry's last visits were with us and NW I believe, but I think he also had strong interest in Kansas or KSU. Has quieted down on his recruitment since the visit, haven't even seen anything about assistants visiting practice or things of that nature.

WriterGoph

Berry's last visits were with us and NW I believe, but I think he also had strong interest in Kansas or KSU. Has quieted down on his recruitment since the visit, haven't even seen anything about assistants visiting practice or things of that nature.
I'm pretty sure after he took the MN and NW visits, he came out soon after and said he was not taking any more visits. He may very well feel like has made his decision but has to wait for some dominoes to fall.

JimmyJamesMD

That'd be great if recruits we liked were willing to wait. I find it hard to believe, but I'll take it

WriterGoph

That'd be great if recruits we liked were willing to wait. I find it hard to believe, but I'll take it
I have no clue obviously but the timing of Berry stopping his visits and then nothing for a few weeks is odd for sure. Regardless, I have a strong feeling we will have Mashburn by next week!

WriterGoph

Why? I will be honest and admit I haven't seen either play and will not trust a highlight video. Would love to Hearn on why one is better than the other.
I believe Built says he has watched him and he is a better defender and has a will to get low to the floor like many players don't. He also shot 40% from 3 this year in EYBL. And also NBA star bloodlines usually are not a negative.

I believe Built says he has watched him and he is a better defender and has a will to get low to the floor like many players don't. He also shot 40% from 3 this year in EYBL. And also NBA star bloodlines usually are not a negative.
I remember Built complimenting his defensive stance. 40% from 3 is always a plus too. Just curious to see where it says Berry is worse at those things. NBA bloodlines normally scare me off. Kids didn't grow up same way as father and that doesn't always equate to similar success. This seems to be a case where the son is a great worker and independent and looking to create his own path. That is a plus in my eyes.

Keyser Söze

Why? I will be honest and admit I haven't seen either play and will not trust a highlight video. Would love to Hearn on why one is better than the other.
Would be happy with either, but Mashburn is ranked about 50 spots higher, so odds are that he will probably be better.

jovs

This

Parcival

I'll take 4 years of Mashburn over Suggs any day. This 2020 class is gonna change the program gents - after Mashburn commits Garcia and Walton will follow.

Latest profile posts