All Things Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread

It sounds like both visits went very well, though would we really know if otherwise?

Both got their own tours of campus, saw practice and hung out together. They both spent time with the players. Dawson got to spend a lot of time with the local kids on the roster, which can only help. According to that Rivals article, they both went to Pitino's home to hang out. I'm not sure if that's the norm or if that's what they do when there isn't a football game on campus.

I've heard he will decided in the fall and sign early (before the high school season) and the Gophers put themselves in a great position. As he should, he'll take other visits, but I would imagine Pitino will be in his ear as much as humanly possible over the next month. He knows how important keeping him home is.

I feel very good about Minnesota's chances with Dawson. That said, anything is possible.

Otis

How many more schools need to be punished for Kansas' transgressions to satisfy you? :D
Good Question! I'd start with:

Arizona
USC
UCLA
Indiana
Memphis
Duke
UNC
Clemson
Auburn
Michigan State
Maryland
Wisconsin
Iowa

Yes, some of these schools have done nothing. But why should that stop the NCAA?

WriterGoph

Still nothing new on Ty Berry

Soon, he will choose whether he wants to play at Minnesota or Northwestern, the two final schools on his favorites list.

https://northwestern.rivals.com/news/it-will-be-minnesota-or-northwestern-for-2020-rivals150-guard-ty-berry
Wonder if the Gophers have told him they can't take a commitment until after this weekend when Mashburn is visiting? It seems like we have put in a LOT of work on Mashburn for over a year to have Berry take his spot before Mashburn has his official visit. With this statement, I am making the assumption that with the guards we have on the roster and the amount of wings and bigs we have visits with that we would likely only take one combo guard in this class (these are the only two guys who are 6'2 and under, pretty sure every other visitor is 6'5+)

Still nothing new on Ty Berry

Soon, he will choose whether he wants to play at Minnesota or Northwestern, the two final schools on his favorites list.

https://northwestern.rivals.com/news/it-will-be-minnesota-or-northwestern-for-2020-rivals150-guard-ty-berry
I just really hope we can grab him or Mashburn in the next week or so. Would be really nice to get a solid piece to help recruit others/give others an idea who they might be playing with.

That being said I think we will grab Mashburn this weekend.

Wonder if the Gophers have told him they can't take a commitment until after this weekend when Mashburn is visiting? It seems like we have put in a LOT of work on Mashburn for over a year to have Berry take his spot before Mashburn has his official visit. With this statement, I am making the assumption that with the guards we have on the roster and the amount of wings and bigs we have visits with that we would likely only take one combo guard in this class (these are the only two guys who are 6'2 and under, pretty sure every other visitor is 6'5+)
Is it pretty common for teams to put parameters on potential recruits commitments? As in, we won't take a commitment prior to "X" date and after "X" date? I am not real familiar with all the details of recruiting, but feel this would have to be a touchy subject because you don't want to put off someone who would potentially want to play for your team.

Latest profile posts