All Things 2024 Tennis Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I'm a few weeks late in starting the thread.

Aussie Open in full swing. Disappointing to see Tiafoe and Eubanks exit in Round 2, but most of the American's on both sides are still left.

Go USA!!

Absolutely incredible shot from Alcaraz:

Go USA!!

Was wondering when this thread was coming. 🙂

Watched Collins miss a great chance to beat Swiatek. Missed a couple breaks in the third and couldn't recover. Swiatek just completely took the momentum from then on.

Shocked to see Jabeur get steamrolled by a 16 year old. Ons looked like she couldn't begin to figure out what was wrong.

Coco dominated Sparks last night. It was one of the quickest 3rd round Slam matches you'll see.

Disappointing to see Sebi and Shelton bow out.

Go USA!!

Was wondering when this thread was coming. 🙂

Watched Collins miss a great chance to beat Swiatek. Missed a couple breaks in the third and couldn't recover. Swiatek just completely took the momentum from then on.

Shocked to see Jabeur get steamrolled by a 16 year old. Ons looked like she couldn't begin to figure out what was wrong.
“Missed a couple breaks?” Collins was up 2 breaks at 4-1 in the 3rd, up love-40 for a 3rd break. Iga saved all 3, won that game and 5 more in a row Stunning collapse. Sad ending for Collins as this is her last Aussie Open. 🙁

None of the Big 3 have ever won a Grand Slam match 6-0 6-0 6-0. Djok was close tonight.

Go Federer!!

Coco “won ugly” in Quarters but she got the W. Was hoping to watch some of Novak v Fritz but Coco’s match went so long not sure I’ll stay awake for much of it.

Go Coco and Fritz!!

Alcaraz rolled his ankle pretty badly last night in Rio. Not very good, he's defending a ton of points the next couple months.

Alcaraz rolled his ankle pretty badly last night in Rio. Not very good, he's defending a ton of points the next couple months.

Looks like its relatively minor. He said he's playing Indian Wells.

Super delayed post but I had meant to comment on Sinners win in the Aussie. Really interesting to see and I think good to have another player break through. He's such an unusual looking athlete. It's like watching a big ginger spider.

Super delayed post but I had meant to comment on Sinners win in the Aussie. Really interesting to see and I think good to have another player break through. He's such an unusual looking athlete. It's like watching a big ginger spider.

Definitely good for the game. Sinner’s upside is incredible. He was very late to the elite level of junior tennis compared to his peers because he played multiple sports later than most.

Separately, nice to see both Fritz and Paul having a couple of good tournaments.

Go USA!!

Sad to see how Rafa’s career is wrapping up. Hope he can play Roland Garros one last time and get a legends send off:

Go USA!!

Simona Halep doping ban reduced to nine months, free to resume tennis career​

Simona Halep’s doping ban was officially reduced by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) from four years to nine months, leaving her free to resume her tennis career with immediate effect.

Halep released a statement on Instagram praising the decision and thanking fans on social media in the hours following the CAS decision.

“In the midst of this challenging journey, my unwavering belief in the integrity of the truth and in the principles of justice has been my beacon. Despite facing daunting accusations and formidable opposition, my spirit remained buoyant, anchored in my unwavering conviction of being a clean athlete. This ordeal has been a testament to resilience, and the triumph of truth is a bittersweet vindication that, albeit delayed, is immensely gratifying,” she wrote.

The CAS Panel "has unanimously determined that the four-year period of ineligibility imposed by the ITF Independent Tribunal is to be reduced to a period of ineligibility of nine 9) months starting on 7 October 2022, which period expired on 6 July 2023,” the CAS announced in its official statement.

Go USA!!

Massive upset at Indian Wells tonight.

Go USA!!

Pretty big news out of the Novak Camp, splitting with Goran. I give Novak credit, it's clear he's slipped a little this season and the young guys smell blood. Djoker has a very short window to try to snag another Slam or two, and some new energy in his corner is important. He doesn't have time to make a bad coaching hire though:

Go USA!!

Pretty big news out of the Novak Camp, splitting with Goran. I give Novak credit, it's clear he's slipped a little this season and the young guys smell blood. Djoker has a very short window to try to snag another Slam or two, and some new energy in his corner is important. He doesn't have time to make a bad coaching hire though:

Go USA!!
It's up there with Tiger splitting with Stevie Williams.

Top Bottom