All Things 2023-24 Minnesota Wild In-Season Thread

Wild win 3-2 with a nice little scrum at the end started by no other than Brady Tkachuk. He was pissed and no Wild player was going to drop them with him especially with what Wild players were on the ice

Last edited:

You know the cliche about "not going down without a fight"? The Wild must not believe in that.

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- — Vladislav Namestnikov had a goal and two assists, linemate Alex Iafallo a goal and an assist, and the Winnipeg Jets beat the Minnesota Wild 4-2 on Saturday.

Kirill Kaprizov scored twice and Mats Zuccarello had two assists for the Wild who are all but officially eliminated from playoff contention. Minnesota is 10points behind Los Angeles for the second Western Conference wild card with six games remaining. The Kings host Vancouver later Saturday.

Winnipeg won all four games against Minnesota this season and improved to 17-5-1 against Central Division foes, Minnesota is 8-13-3 in the division.

No longer warming up. She is singing to the high heavens. No playoffs for you
It's been a long season for you and it's hard to see how they improve much next season unfortunately.

It's been a long season for you and it's hard to see how they improve much next season unfortunately.
Khusnutdinov becomes an all-star center and Wallstedt comes up and becomes a brick wall in net.

99% sure the Wild will be eliminated from the playoffs in about 3 hours

99% sure the Wild will be eliminated from the playoffs in about 3 hours

God willing!! Hate to say it but I have some decent action on the Avs tonight; best team in the NHL at home? Didn't like seeing the Wild dump in those two PPG to close the 1st.

God willing!! Hate to say it but I have some decent action on the Avs tonight; best team in the NHL at home? Didn't like seeing the Wild dump in those two PPG to close the 1st.
McKinnon took over. You are safe

McKinnon took over. You are safe

Well, my outcome is tied to the Kings taking care of business against the lowly Ducks; tied 1-1 going into the 3rd. Leave it to the Kings to make me sweat this one out

That will free up more time for you to watch the Twins. ☹️
It’s close to cabin and golf time. Maybe I’ll find a little time for them if they are still relevant come June

It’s close to cabin and golf time. Maybe I’ll find a little time for them if they are still relevant come June
At the current rate of the Twins, you might finally reach your full potential with your golf game.

At the current rate of the Twins, you might finally reach your full potential with your golf game.
My full potential for my golf game is in my rear view mirror. Age will do that 😎

My full potential for my golf game is in my rear view mirror. Age will do that 😎
Sadly, I can concur. You do have one advantage...I've never met a hockey player that wasn't a natural at golf.

Sadly, I can concur. You do have one advantage...I've never met a hockey player that wasn't a natural at golf.
They do go hand in hand. At one point I was a 4 handicap. Now not so much as I had a bad hand injury 12 years ago that has limited to how much I can golf. Painful to say the least. With that said lake life is more my style now

Wild, who had already been eliminated, got crushed by Las Vegas last night 7-3.

In other NHL news the Arizona Coyotes (formally the Winnipeg Jets WHA, Winnipeg Jets NHL, Phoenix Coyotes) are gonna move to Utah.

There is a Minnesota connection in the team's past too. Winnipeg had the smallest arena in the NHL. When they couldn't get help building a new arena, two Minnesota businessmen bought the team with plans to move it to Target Center. Norm Green had moved them to Dallas just 3 years before. Target Center didn't want them and St.Paul wouldn't upgrade the Civic Center.

The next year St.Paul did spend the money and got an expansion team, which became the Minnesota Wild.

Top Bottom