All Things 2022 CFB Playoffs

Georgia 100% lock
Michigan 100% lock
TCU 80% lock if win Big 12, still a chance with loss
USC 60% win Pac 12
OSU 50% above need to lose
Alabama 10% above need to lose and committee paid off.

UGA and Michigan are locks no matter what transpires next weekend. I think TCU might be too but 100% if they win Big 12. No undefeated from a P5 will be left out. If USC beats Utah, they should get in as conference champion with same number of losses (and an arguably tougher schedule) should get in over a non conference winner (OSU). Don't even get me started on Bama.

This is crazy. USC has to be in over Ohio St now if they beat Utah, right?

Yeah, you’d think so but the committee still ranks 9-2 LSU ahead of 10-1 USC and that was a barn burner road loss to a very good Utah. The rank doesn’t make any sense. Ohio State was humiliated by Michigan at home.

USC defensively isn’t great either but they have the most electric player in football in Caleb Williams. It would be fun to watch him operate against the big boys from the East. I hope they get in this year.

I am in the minority, but I would have put Alabama in over TCU. TCU played a bunch of close games and I am very skeptical of the quality of the Big 12. I understand nobody wants to see Alabama. It will be interesting to see what happens in the Sugar Bowl. If they go there and just stomp KSU, there will be a lot of content for the hot take artists. Of course if they lose, it will be because they just couldn't get up for the game after not making the playoff...

I am in the minority, but I would have put Alabama in over TCU. TCU played a bunch of close games and I am very skeptical of the quality of the Big 12. I understand nobody wants to see Alabama. It will be interesting to see what happens in the Sugar Bowl. If they go there and just stomp KSU, there will be a lot of content for the hot take artists. Of course if they lose, it will be because they just couldn't get up for the game after not making the playoff...
It's a pretty well known fact that the SEC has never lost a non-playoff bowl game they cared about.

TCU has wins over #9 KSU, #20 Texas; 1 loss vs a team they beat in a game Alabama didn’t play in (a conference championship) that they lost in OT
Alabama has wins over #20 Texas and #22 Miss St with 2 losses. There is literally no way you can justify Bama over TCU unless you’re claiming “eye test” to say 2 losses is better than 1. All the losses were last second losses.

Last edited:

Top Bottom