All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Gophers watching Payton Sandfort this week.

"There were college coaches on hand to watch. Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery was courtside; the Hawkeyes have already offered Sandfort and are interested in DeVries. Minnesota assistant coach Kyle Lindsted was there; the Gophers have offered Sandfort. And Stanford assistant coach Adam Cohen was in the building, too; Stanford is interested in Sandfort."

Is there any interest by Pitino in Will Tschetter?

ACC offers are coming in for Kendall Brown whose to a whole new level.

ACC offers are coming in for Kendall Brown whose to a whole new level.
OSU board thinks they're going to land Brown from what I've heard. Pretty sure it's not credible but would suck if they're the favorites.

OSU board thinks they're going to land Brown from what I've heard. Pretty sure it's not credible but would suck if they're the favorites.
Very little info but i know he likes Kansas but will have to see what Self does at season's end on that Spurs job. UNC has been around and UVA offered monday.

Very little info but i know he likes Kansas but will have to see what Self does at season's end on that Spurs job. UNC has been around and UVA offered monday.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I actually think him moving will help our chances. I thought they had no interest before he left. Have also heard the family is comparable to Humphries lol.

Tschetter can play. He would abuse Michael Hurt
He's also slow afoot like Hurt and would get abused on the defensive end.
His offensive game is good, but he isn't really playing teams who have a guy as tall as he is.

Watched him play 25 AAU games the last two summers he can play. Tschetter will be the guy if he plays in the Summit League or at UNI Gopher fans will say that guy could play here. Tschetter can shoot and will bang as well. Competitor.

6-8 PF with 3pt touch haven't been easy for us to find. Easy to put up big numbers in a lower division though.

Watched him play 25 AAU games the last two summers he can play. Tschetter will be the guy if he plays in the Summit League or at UNI Gopher fans will say that guy could play here. Tschetter can shoot and will bang as well. Competitor.

He has a B1G body too.

He is not Suggs or Holmgren however other Minnehaha players have garnered great offers spending most of the time in 2A.

If you play in a low level of high school basketball, but dominate, its pretty easy for coaches to see you play AAU against other D1/D2 caliber guys. If you look the part there, you're probably a D1/D2 guy. Hence why AAU is important for recruiting.

To expand on this, guys that don't play on the better AAU teams are more likely to be missed (Nate Wolters, when Comets wasn't as good) and guys on the good AAU teams are more likely to be recruited by teams they maybe shouldn't be (list is endless) because they look so good playing with other really good players.

Last edited:

Top Bottom