All Possible Season Endings

I think the most likely scenario is a loss to PSU and IA and meeting a two loss WI in the last game for all of the marbles.

Bull$hit, all them games a winnable and I’m quite confident we’ll come out winners next game.

I think they split the next 4, but if they beat PSU they run the table and lose to OSU in B10 Champ Game. So I'm going with 10-3 or 12-1 and either the Rose Bowl or the Outback Bowl.

A Gopher upset of Penn State would be monumental, but not likely. Beating Iowa in Iowa City isn't likely, either. NW is down but a team having a bad season often rises for one game, so that could be a trap game for the Gophers, who will have to scratch and claw like Cats to win. Then, it all comes down to Wisconsin, assuming Wisconsin has earlier defeated Iowa. If Iowa defeats Wisconsin, the Badgers are out, but we have to hope Nebraska beats Iowa in Lincoln, which could happen, otherwise the head-to-head would favor Iowa and they would go to Indianapolis. So it is most likely that nothing will be settled until the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

The fun is going to see what happens. Anything is possible. It has been decades that every game now gains in importance on a national scale. Now we play ranked teams except for NW. What a great time this will be.

I am pissed that John Buhler doesn’t think we will beat PSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every game from here on is a 50-50 proposition.

The Gophers won't be taken lightly by all the teams remaining on the schedule. That's how we'd like it to be. Their remaining foes playing their best against the best Gopher team in decades. The Gophers have their destiny in their hands. They won't take any team lightly either.

They have four separate championships remaining as per PJ Fleck.

Regardless of the outcome, this season is epic!

Go Gophers!

I am pissed that John Buhler doesn’t think we will beat PSU.

Don't worry about that guy - he is just a guy with a keyboard. The real game will be decided on the field!!

A Gopher upset of Penn State would be monumental, but not likely. Beating Iowa in Iowa City isn't likely, either. NW is down but a team having a bad season often rises for one game, so that could be a trap game for the Gophers, who will have to scratch and claw like Cats to win. Then, it all comes down to Wisconsin, assuming Wisconsin has earlier defeated Iowa. If Iowa defeats Wisconsin, the Badgers are out, but we have to hope Nebraska beats Iowa in Lincoln, which could happen, otherwise the head-to-head would favor Iowa and they would go to Indianapolis. So it is most likely that nothing will be settled until the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I agree beating PSU is not likely, but monumental? There are teams that are 7 point dogs who win every week in CFB...

I don't disagree with the bulk of the article....but as a....what would you call this guy....a blogger?....it's stupid to call a sure thing. Even based upon ESPN's FPI, the Gophers have a 27.1% shot to win. And that's mostly dragged down based upon early season results and competition level. I don't disagree that Penn State should be favored to win. They have the look of one of the better teams in the nation. But definitely not on the level of Ohio State....where you might be tempted to say that this is a game that the Gophers just aren't ready for. Michigan and Iowa are not elite teams this year. PSU beat them by a TD or less. And Pittsburg is less than impressive and they beat them in a 17-10 snoozer.

So I don't see how PSU is somehow unbeatable. Fantastic defense. Just an 'okay' offense that has a few game breakers. Turns out that our defense is really good too. I think that we should be able to hold their offense down. And I think we have the more dynamic offense. They have the vaunted front seven. This is going to be Morgan's coming out party. And he has plenty of weapons to work with. It will all come down to how the offensive line plays, imo. Game may hinge on a turnover or two.

He’s very bullish on PSU. Which is more likely - Gophers beat them or someone other than Ohio State comes out of the east? I’d argue the former.

Look out for Michigan.
They could beat OSU this year and mess up things.

Look out for Michigan.
They could beat OSU this year and mess up things.

Despite the score, their offense is having a hard time moving the ball against Maryland. Averaging only 3 yards per carry.

Last edited:

I think they split the next 4, but if they beat PSU they run the table and lose to OSU in B10 Champ Game. So I'm going with 10-3 or 12-1 and either the Rose Bowl or the Outback Bowl.

I think 12-1 gets them the Orange or Cotton Bowls.

Despite the score, their offense is having a hard time moving the ball against Maryland. Averaging only 3 yards per carry.

Just a slow start...

Top Bottom