AK needs to get rid of the ball faster

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
Athan waits for too long to get rid of the ball to open receivers. That throw in OT to BSF was far too late and he does this often. He has a long way to go to develop in to the hype he has received. Not sure I have enough patience to wait his development out.

Athan waits for too long to get rid of the ball to open receivers. That throw in OT to BSF was far too late and he does this often. He has a long way to go to develop in to the hype he has received. Not sure I have enough patience to wait his development out.
Totally agree. He’s half a second or a second slow getting it out. Jackson TD was late in his break too.

Agreed.

But what hype? I think he was a 3 star QB. The hype was Gopherhole posters and ??

Not sure there were a bunch of national articles exclaiming he was The One

Has Athan made a good throw this year anytime he’s left the pocket?

That was the game there, had he thrown earlier, easy touchdown... instead, he waits then launches it at 99mph.

Agreed.

But what hype? I think he was a 3 star QB. The hype was Gopherhole posters and ??

I think there has been plenty of hype by local reporters and from within the program.

Agreed.

It was posters here. Look at the thread predicting his season stats lol

He has a lot of improvement needed

I picture this every time he throws a short pass.

nfl-peyton-manning.gif

Athan is not the guy. He can’t throw in the pocket, and when he moves out of the pocket he’s incapable of setting his feet. I think it’s time to give Kramer a shot in the wildcat.

They need to hit the portal after this season.

Perhaps we should get an actual QB coach to.... coach him.

And someone (Simon) to call a good game.

This feels like Mike Sanford all over again.
Another abhorrent HC decision by PJ.

Top Bottom