a very positive (and hopefully foreshadowing) quote from maturi on mbakwe's situation

Reaction score
from myron medcalf's update in today's minneapolis star tribune.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/68548467.html?page=1&c=y

"Maturi said that he didn't consider Mbakwe's possible guilt or innocence while deliberating, but added "I'd be surprised" if he were found guilty."

"I feel strongly that the decision that was made [is] as much in Trevor's best interests as anyone's," Maturi said. "I just did not believe every time we took the court, the focus had to be on, quite frankly, a [player charged with a felony]. That's the harshness but that's the reality. That does not need to be the focus of Trevor at this young age of his life, does not need to be the focus for this basketball team, for [coach Tubby Smith] and quite frankly, for me and the university. Again, not at all, saying there's any guilt there."

the chances are very good that joel maturi & tubby smith have intimate knowledge (more than anyone on this board, more than anyone on another school's board and more than myron medcalf) of this case and the proceedings/motions thus far. one has to hope that fact coupled with the highlighted maturi quote above is a positive sign in how trevor's case may end up playing out in court.

Bronko...Sometimes, just Sometimes, the powers that be know more than the rumor mongering bloggers do. Thank you for sharing, Bronko. I love rumors and opinions with no basis, like I enjoy hemorrhoids and diarrhea.

Bronko...Sometimes, just Sometimes, the powers that be know more than the rumor mongering bloggers do. Thank you for sharing, Bronko. I love rumors and opinions with no basis, like I enjoy hemorrhoids and diarrhea.

If you look around a bit, you'll find that the Gopher bloggers are hardly rumor mongerers.

I was concerned about Coach Smith's comments that Trevor has been missing from practice for the last few days. Clearly Tubby wants him to stay united with his teammates. If his trial is held as scheduled he can be back in time for the real season and we'll need him.

I wonder if the trial is postponed, does Maturi then reconsider his decision? Particularly if the trial is delayed because the prosecution can't get it's sh*t together. Joel's already on record saying that based on what he knows he doubts there will be a conviction. If the prosecution runs into evidence issues He should reopen his thinking, JMHO.

FTB..."If you look around a bit, you'll find that the Gopher bloggers are hardly rumor mongerers. "

Barn....I agree, some. Most? I settle my case.

Top Bottom