A special team award should go to those who stayed

cjbfbp

Reaction score
At this point, we can't have complete confidence that any of our three holdovers right now (Ihnen, Gach, and Johnson) will stay, but if they do, they deserve some sort of recognition for their steadfastness. If they're all here next year, I hope they collectively have fine years. If I'm ever tempted to say a bad word about them, I'm going to remember this time and stop myself.

Johnson may just take his Master's degree and move on.

At this point, we can't have complete confidence that any of our three holdovers right now (Ihnen, Gach, and Johnson) will stay, but if they do, they deserve some sort of recognition for their steadfastness. If they're all here next year, I hope they collectively have fine years. If I'm ever tempted to say a bad word about them, I'm going to remember this time and stop myself.

Agreed and bookmarked.

Johnson may just take his Master's degree and move on.

Are you sure he has it? Grad students have lower credit requirements to maintain full time status and it's not unusual at all for grad students to take a year and a half to finish 30 credits.

One time in an AAU game two of my teammates got kicked out in the 3rd quarter. Our 6th man was injured so we had 3 eligible players. Much like Alabama we took on another team 3 on 5. Much like Minnesota they didn’t just have a guy stand on offense and get a layup over and over. We had the ideal 3 guys. All wings/guards. They double teamed two of us which was difficult. We played even for a little over a quarter and lost in OT. Played that same team a few weeks later and got killed playing 5 on 5.

Anyway—I think Johnson should pull a Norman Dale and just repeatedly say “my team is on the floor” and have it be Gach, Ihnen and Johnson.

I don’t think those who sank with the Titanic were given any awards. Obviously, Ben may be a good guy but his vision is not accepted by many of the current players. I am glad he killed the interview with Coyle however! Maybe Coyle has some eligibility left?

I don’t think those who sank with the Titanic were given any awards.

I guess my reaction to that can be captured by the line attributed to Lily Tomlin: "I try to be cynical but then I realize that I just can't keep up."

Oh we’re going to have a special team alright. 🥴

Their reward will be the look they see in their former teammate's eyes while their souls are being eradicated as the Maroon and Gold are holding that NCAA Trophy to the sky. They will all have the bitter taste of regret as they see they came that close to greatness and said "no."

Top Bottom