A not so good look at Adam Weber

cduff

Reaction score
Could this guy have been any more wrong if he tried??

O'Brien Award has some curious candidates

The definition of the Davey O'Brien award is that it presented to the "nation's top college quarterback." When you enter the official website, it will tell you that to view the selection committee, you must log in and register. This is what I now assume to be a front so people never find out who exactly is making these decisions. The O'Brien Watch List came out yesterday, and suffice to say that the selection committee probably doesn't want you to know who they are.

Why all the scourge and fury? Quite simply, it looks like names were randomly drawn from a hat. To be fair, a watch list is nothing more than a grouping of players that for what you assume is an educated reason, are likely to be finalists for the award. That being said, I'd think it wouldn't kill the voters to at least look like they put a great deal of thought into it. Consider these gems...

-Adam Weber, Minnesota: Weber's inclusion is hilarious in that he isn't even a lock to start for Minnesota, who already is considered a back end Big 10 team nonetheless. Though coach Tim Brewster has been reluctant to comment much on the situation, all the reports surrounding the Gophers have Freshman MarQueis Gray as the man over the injured Weber. So how can a backup on a middle of the road team be considered again?

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/college/14229

What a joke. This guy obviously failed to do any research whatsoever. Weber has been declared a lock at starter repeatedly, for months now.

About Bart Doan
Bart has been with Realfootball365.com for about six months and thoroughly enjoys writing for the site. He has been featured for his writings on college football in The Sporting News, The Indianapolis Star, Sports Illustrated, and on CBS Sportsline.com. When he's not drowning himself in the ...

Maybe he's a homer for Gray?

I assume this is one of those sites where any idiot can join up and become a "columnist". Bart Doan's not a real journalist, I wouldn't put too much stock in what he has to say.

PlayHosea - I don't think being a real journalist has anything to do with it. Many would say GopherLady/cduff/most of the GH staff aren't "real" journalists, but they do their research and put out dang good work anyway.

To me it matters less whether you are a journalist and more whether you take the time to check facts on what you are saying. Weber's stats would be all the explanation necessary for why he is on that list.

Bart Doan probably just likes to stir the pot and be contrarian as his schtick. The best way to make people like him go away is to ignore.

I would put exactly 0% stock in anything this guy has to say.

"Ivan" Williams? What a dumbass.

I guess Juice is Russian now.

It just goes to show why a large percentage of what you read should be taken with a grain of salt. I have seen situations over and over again (not just with the Gophers, but life in general) where the "news" gets it very, very wrong. When it is most obvious, it is the rare situation where I actually know the details. That leads me to believe that much of the reporting is also suspect on items I have no inner knowledge of.

It's hilarious because he rips the selection committee to shreds for their poor selections and then proceeds to show how little he even knows about the selections in the first place LOL

Weber writer!

I think this dork writer must have been out drinking all day and got the team mixed up with someone else.
Probably from Wisconsin or Iowa!
Go Gophers!!!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Top Bottom