A few quick recruiting updates

Gopherprof

Reaction score
Just thought I'd lump these together for those interested.

If you haven't checked lately, we are receiving an additional visit from Brock Vereen, a defensive back from California with an offer from Stanford. Could be another opportunity for a pickup, and a potentially needed one with Jabari Price wavering. RobDonovan Lewis and Donnell Kirkwood are also visiting. Lewis seems like a likely pickup as well. Don't know the weather forecast.

Also, a lot of people ask about Roszell Gayden. It's never seemed like Minnesota was in serious contention, and it still doesn't. Roszell visited Oklahoma a few weeks back and picked up an offer, which he seems to be favoring. I think if it's not Oklahoma I think he'll stay on the west coast and play in the Pac-10, or go to Iowa State where a relative of his works.

Lastly, Elisha Olabode will be visiting Texas A&M this weekend and is expecting an offer. ESPN states that he will accept the offer if given. A&M has done a very good job in Texas this year, despite (or perhaps because of) their poor record.

Just thought I'd share for those interested. If anyone else has any tidbits they'd like to thrown in, by all means.

I hadn't heard about Price wavering.. where is this coming from?

Basically the day after Price committed he said that it was a soft verbal and he was going to keep his options open. He has since visited North Carolina and someone said Purdue is still in regular touch as well.

Apparently (can't remember if this was a direct quote or not) he's concerned about the cold. It always seems odd to me that anyone would commit to Minnesota and THEN worry about the weather.

Elisha Oladobe! I want him just because of his name, but looking at his offer list he was gonna be a tough get.

Roszell didn't sound that impressed with OK. If it is Iowa State, then he'll go there with his brother. I think it will be us or Cal.

Top Bottom