9 of 12 opponents next year are bowl teams

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
WCCO just reminded listeners that 9 of next year's opponents are playing in a bowl game this Dec/Jan. This year, 8 of our opponents made bowls. I don't know how many other teams are playing this tough of a back-to-back schedule. it could be brutal. People won't care whether MTSU or Northern Illinois are bowl teams or not. A W will be expected (and rightly so).

Don't forget that we also struggle big time against teams from the Dakota's. The matchup against South Dakota will either be a loss or a nailbiter win that will require a last second blocked FG or a defensive TD to win.

WCCO just reminded listeners that 9 of next year's opponents are playing in a bowl game this Dec/Jan. This year, 8 of our opponents made bowls. I don't know how many other teams are playing this tough of a back-to-back schedule. it could be brutal. People won't care whether MTSU or Northern Illinois are bowl teams or not. A W will be expected (and rightly so).

That doesn't say much. The majority of teams in major conferences go to bowl games these days. That's the schedule you should expect if you're going to play in a conference like the Big Ten.

That doesn't say much. The majority of teams in major conferences go to bowl games these days. That's the schedule you should expect if you're going to play in a conference like the Big Ten.

I was going to rebut this, but upon further reflection (and a little bit of research)... you are correct.

Top Bottom