8th Annual GopherHole Survey - Summary Report Part II: GopherHole-related questions

DL65

Reaction score
Here's the summary report that's related to section two of the survey - the GopherHole website.

After I posted Part I - Demographics - five GopherHole members filled out the questionnaire. I included their responses in sections 2 and 3 of the Survey.
In all, there were 105 respondents.

Almost everyone responded to the first question - What do you like about the GopherHole website? However, several respondents did not answer question 2 - What features or improvements would you like to see implemented? Killjoy's question, Who is your favorite poster? drew a wide range of names. I counted those that said they couldn't name just one and/or left it blank. A few listed only one name, as killjoy requested; however, many listed several of their favorite posters and all were noted and counted. You'll notice in the summary, if a person received more than one mention they're in the report listing. There were a lot of GopherHolers that received one mention.

What do you like about the GopherHole website?

Here are few of the words and phrases that GopherHoler's used multiple times: It's free . . . easy to read format . . . inside info . . . timely links . . . recruiting info . . . humor . . . good discourse with Gopher fans . . . BleedGopher's links . . . DL65's Sunday summaries . . . GopherLady's presser notes and interviews . . . Chris Monter's recruiting news . . . knowledgeable fans . . . bantering between members . . . inside scoop . . . gathering spot for links and information . . . community . . . camaraderie . . . variety of opinions.

Sample Responses:

BleedGopher: "I love sharing my passion for the maroon and gold with so many die-hards; the inside info, analysis, humor, articles, etc. are second to none. The community here keeps getting better and better."

Upnorthkid: "I enjoy the banter people get into as well as the access to all the interviews with recruits and other articles. Provides great updates for happenings in the Gopher world as well."

GophersInIowa: "Gives me a place to go to stay informed about the Gophers while in enemy territory. But most of all, I enjoy the interaction with others who have the same addiction as I have."

Paved With Gold: "Great place for all Gopher fans to vent and hear differing opinions."

Stan: "Love the discussion, message boards, Monter's articles, Nadine's notes, Selection Sunday articles, Good Bad and interesting column."

MaxJR1: "Free, Free, Free."

What features or improvements would you like to see implemented?

Less responses, but good suggestions. Repeated comments and/or words and phrases: better mobile support . . . see more lurkers post . . . Where Are They Now articles . . . beef up history pages . . . get rid of automatic playing video ads . . . ability to paste image without link . . . better picture attachment feature . . . upgraded look to message board threads and reply boxes . . . booting people abusing threads . . . the ability to like/dislike posts within a thread . . . too much fighting, getting off topic . . . planning events for away games - at home, taligating meeting spots for Gopherhole members . . . people rude, arrogant, crass posts . . . no NDSU threads . . . hijacked threads.

afurry91: "A chat room on the main message board page to encourage chatting."

Rouser: "More recruiting info for BB (not just posts on message board)."

Hates Monikers: "Stop this craze to combine all similar topics into one thread that lasts for a year and grows to 80 pages. I read less info here because of it."

LBJ: "Make attachments viewable for non-users (jpegs in particular)."

Pharmacygopher: "Deleting posts in otherwise good thread when pissing matches start."

Joe Dirt: "Quicker bans on obvious trolls and a complete ban on any threads dedicated to NDSU."

FireDaveLee: "Perhaps a video highlight section."

dpodoll68: "Close and remove all NDSU threads immediately; get rid of the ads up top that play audio whenever you hover over them, which I constantly do accidentally; start a poster rating system."

IDFM: "More interviews on Where Are They Now of former athletes and coaches. More interviews of national recruiting experts." (Note: six other respondents mentioned the Where Are They Now feature.)

Buck Buchanan: "I'd like to see an annual "Goldies" awards event sponsored by GopherHole at a football tailgate. This would market Gopherhole to other fans, and I would enjoy meeting some of my favorite posters in person. "Here are the nominees (insert any category): most humorous post, most informational post, favorite GopherHoler, favorite newbie, etc." I think it would be a ton of fun - IMO."

(Killjoy's question) Who is your favorite GopherHole poster?

Too many to list/don't know/left blank: 27
BleedGopher: 25 mentions
DL65: 24
Selection Sunday: 15
GopherLady: 13
Bob_Loblaw: 12
depodoll68: 12
Dr. Don: 8
GophersInIowa: 7
Scher125: 4
Sportsfan24: 4
Rouser: 3
Jamiche: 2
Station19: 2

What forum do you visit with regularity and those that you occasionally visit and post?

The football forum had the biggest group of respondents. Many will visit other forums but the bulk of their posting is on the Football Forum. The same can be said of the avid basketball fan, most will post on the Basketball Forum but not on the other forums. There were a few respondents that said they only visit the sport forum that they favor.

Do you participate in social media?

Yes -75 respondents

No -20 respondents

Did not answer - 6

Facebook: 33

Twitter: 33

Linkedin: 3

There was a large contingent that said yes to the question, but they did not indicate what social media outlets that they visit or use.

I'll post the Fun Question Summary Report later today or tomorrow.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom