60 Minute Look

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
The game was replayed with the 60 minute view last night. Here are things I noticed.

1. Offense really made strides with the OL playing a whole game. Continuity is huge. All five are starting again this week.
2. Streveler played big in the red zone in the fourth quarter. Blocking. I think this lends potentially to why some guys are not on the field (Cough, Jones)
3. Gentry has all the tools to be big time. That catch and blast for 20 yards was really quick. Also natural ability to go get the ball.
4. TE's continue to improve and get involved.

I believe this team will no doubt improve each week and will be playing it's best ball late in the season offensively. Defense needs to get healthy.

The game was replayed with the 60 minute view last night. Here are things I noticed.

1. Offense really made strides with the OL playing a whole game. Continuity is huge. All five are starting again this week.
2. Streveler played big in the red zone in the fourth quarter. Blocking. I think this lends potentially to why some guys are not on the field (Cough, Jones)
3. Gentry has all the tools to be big time. That catch and blast for 20 yards was really quick. Also natural ability to go get the ball.
4. TE's continue to improve and get involved.

I believe this team will no doubt improve each week and will be playing it's best ball late in the season offensively. Defense needs to get healthy.

Something I noticed: The offense was very effective when they got the ball out in space and let the receiver get "Yards After Catch". There were several, but the run after catch by Carter was a thing of beauty.

(Cough, Jones).

Jones had a concussion is apparently still suffering from migraines. How much that plays into it I'm not sure but that is plenty of reason to keep him out. It's not good if you're still hurting from a concussion many weeks later.

Eric "YAC" Carter

Something I noticed: The offense was very effective when they got the ball out in space and let the receiver get "Yards After Catch". There were several, but the run after catch by Carter was a thing of beauty.

New nickname for Eric Carter: YAC

...and Leidner looked pretty good.

I saw the last three quarters as well. I agree with your notes. It was interesting to me that I misremembered when a few plays actually occurred in the game, I would have sworn Still's catch, and Gentry's came on the final drive, but they wee on the field goal drive. I forgot James actually did fair catch a punt on about the 10.
For those that wanted to see it, it was on at about 1 or 1:30 am.

Top Bottom